Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Medication for anxiety

I'm new here writing from Sweden

Been dealing with anxiety and depression nearly all my life, but with a peak in the later years. Right now my biggest concern, except the anxiety, is the stress. I, as we call it Sweden, "went into the wall" about 3 months ago. Since then I have brain fog, really hard to concentrate, extreme anxiety and tension. Really sensitive to light and noises. First week I could literally not move my own body. This of course makes me even more anxious and depressed, since I can't do things that would make me happier. I also suffer from social and health anxiety. Because of my muscle twitching I had an MRI which was clear.

I started to try Lexapro at first, which did not cause any stronger panic attacks and only slightly more anxiety. I could not sleep (which was a problem before also). But this side effects I could handle. Then I started to have migraines every day. No pain killers worked on this headache and I became even more sensitive to light. I could not leave my house because of this. After 2 weeks I went off it on doctors order.

I am not on a small dosage fluoxetine (5 mg). I do get headaches but not migraines. The first 4 days I had much more energy and felt less anxious. Then two days ago I started to feel like I was gonna faint. My anxiety went crazy. Yesterday I was so irritated and angry. The smallest things triggered me. Woke up during the night with panic. I feel really weird now and want to stop the medication (I know it can take time to work but I can't live like this). The aggression scares me!

Thinking I maybe want to try Zoloft next? I liked the stimulating effect from fluoxetine, but at the same time this seems to cause anxiety. Similar to ADD, I always felt restless and bored even when doing things. I am also really afraid of gaining weight so I liked fluoxetine in theory =/ What do you think about Zoloft?

(Sorry for my grammar and misspelling, not in my best shape right now)

Please do not make assumptions based on "... it's popular and many people take it." It's like watching people jump off a cliff until they find something that works. Smiles at such a thought.

There are no chemical solutions for lifestyle related problems. Change your lifestyle.

"...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Statins are very popular and a lot of people take it, even it damage the liver. Saying that you should try all the meds and find your match is a playing with fire. The AD do not work, at least not the way they big pharma tells us
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

This is one section of the forum where the advice given is very risky.

On that note, the advice currently being represented is this subsection of the forum is indeed quite dangerous. Anyone would think this key speaker represents the pharmaceuticals the way they pump out advice ...regardless of all these claims on being certified.

Just a thought, but this is one part of the forum we really don't need. If the professionals know what they are doing and we should be trusting, then leave these sections out in the community where they belong and not in here where people play with their pills like lollies.

Arrrrrrrrr - but such an addition is too fun.

Take the green one and if it does not taste right ... go the red one my friend. TRUST ME
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-15-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

The chemical reaction taking place in my head right now is rather overwhelming, but I think I can handle it. TY.