Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello :)

Quote Originally Posted by tndawg View Post
    Having others to talk can definitely help alleviate anxiety. High school is tough, especially that freshman year. Do you have someone at school you can talk to?
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalGrit617 View Post
    That's a great perspective and suggestion. There are usually counselors who can help. And sometimes there are even student organizations that can offer words of advice
    Thanks for the advice/suggestions, i am no longer a Freshman as I'm going into Junior year now and i have switched to an online school to ease my anxiety a bit. Oh and i have just recently gotten a counselor

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful_heart View Post
    Thanks for the advice/suggestions, i am no longer a Freshman as I'm going into Junior year now and i have switched to an online school to ease my anxiety a bit. Oh and i have just recently gotten a counselor
    Congrats on the counselor! That's great news! I took online classes too at one point. They're great in that you learn how to effectively manage your time. However, it can also isolate you if you're not careful. Take advantage of the flexibility the classes offer. That was my favorite part of online school! Don't be afraid to challenge yourself by pursuing your talents, interests, or hobbies. For instance, I'm challenging myself to join a 30 day pilates class. In this way, I'm overcoming my anxiety which stems from vulnerability. Being surrounded by the right group of people helps us to succeed through accountability. And it's easier to overcome anxiety when we're with like-minded people who share the same goals or interests. Keep going strong! I believe in you!