Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

And now it starts "Quetiapine"

So my referral pushed through and I got to see the shrink. He analyzed my symptoms and told him about the weird things I think that are not necessarily negative. Just really weird. Mostly to entertain myself. He took it as a sign and gave me Quetiapine and was rather reluctant on the idea of me seeking help online. Even laughed a little at the idea.

I'm just wondering a few things...
    Is he taking me seriously?
    Or am I just overthinking? I don't really wanna doubt the 10+ years trained doctors.

Sometimes talking to others can help, not for medical advice, but for moral support. It would appear he is taking you seriously, as it is a powerful medication.

Yur not kidding. I spent the whole morning too dizzy and tired to do anything. Is that normal? ...Maybe it'll pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Turntsnacko View Post
    Yur not kidding. I spent the whole morning too dizzy and tired to do anything. Is that normal? ...Maybe it'll pass?

I'm sort of going through the same thing... Lightheadedness / brain fog / head pressure. I thought I was having a stroke cause it's that bad.. Had to go to the ER and it went away after a Xanax -.- I guess it's a stubborn tension headache as my forhead and facial cheeks are always tense.. I've felt like this for 8 days now.. It's horrible.

Sometimes it takes a while for your body to adjust to a new medication.

I wanna talk to my doctor about cutting my dosage in half...since the effects were so strong. Is that ok?

I think it would be OK to run it by him and see what he says.

Hey thanks for being helpful man. I'm very grateful

Sorry about that. I truly hope you get better.