Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Its good to be smiling once more. It was the little fella's 2nd birthday. We took our daughter and grandson out along side Lisa's parents to a wild life sanctuary. It was a good day. That's the first photo with Lisa and I together let alone smiling in years. Lisa usually does not like having her photo taken. It took quite a bit of talking to get her flash appearance in the news story above.

Anyways ... it's good to see our efforts in life style change being capture like so. I ended up putting that shot in the about me section of the PEERHAPS website. That project is going really well I might add. Having said that though, I have had to slowly start drawing back a little as I have been having late nights due to the mind racing with a million and one ideas. I've been managing to keep my exercising and healthy eating going though ... we both have. Just a few slips here and there, but given how long we have now been at clean living, it really does not take us long or much thought to simply listen to our bodies. I guess it helps given the fact that we can once again feel our bodies. Major difference in that fact alone. Took like 6 months just to get to that stage.

Forgive the ramble ... it's been a while since I have been able to freestyle like this. My current focus on a funding pitch over at the website has me going over my words all the time. I look forward to when that part of the website is done and I can relax more with my general style of writing.

On that note - whilst I have my reservations about opening up in other areas of the website I am yet to create, I think I might of found a new place where I can take my journaling to the next level. hmmmmm - I want to keep it recovery based in an outreaching context that offers help for those who care to read. No doubt it will follow the theme I know so well - Homelessness, yet so much more than that. Since going local with our project in a number of formats, the general perception has been more about handing out food, blanket and like wise gratifying acts of giving. I guess I can talk loosely in here, but will have to watch my break down of that when discussing the fallibility in acts of kindness that only facilitate the need.

I have to be mindful that my recovery and the insights I wish to share may be too much for many if I don't take the time to reflect on my own struggle in comprehension and or the remember the processes I had to undergo in order for the same old things to take on new meaning. I remember just how much listening/reading it took to grasp the concepts and or wide array of revealings in Echkart Tolles Power of Now and various other books on self help similar to that one.

Forgive the typos as well ... not much for going back over in this post. Time for bed actually ... it was good to just rip out lines of text like so. Yawns ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tomorrow I have men's group - I have missed a few due to all the new work on said project. I am looking forward to rejoining the group. I'm also looking forward to my morning workout before I go. I am still struggling with my digestion issues, but slowly getting better if I play my card right each day. If I do not, I'm learning how to pay.

Thanks for listening.

Here's to wishing you all a good day.

PS - anyone know what's happening with Jesse ... please day Dave from AF said G'day.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-23-2016 at 05:43 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Please, do not spread yourself thin. You came a long way D. and try to keep calm mind. I do understand, you have to be creative, and do, learn new things. It is the way you are. I am similar. I spend hours, days thinking about new formula new cream. Then I put it on paper..........
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I hear ya. Keeping hydrated, eating right and keeping up my exercise helps to keep my spirit and energy lvls right. In regards to those thoughts that come to us like so ... I have to say that since getting my own whiteboard, I've discovered a new way to unload those racing thoughts:

Off to the gym ... have a good evening/day folks.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-23-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Train that monkey mind) I really like what you guys do, I am so impressed
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hows things in the land of soap

20160522_140946.jpg20160522_141008.jpg20160522_141031.jpg20160523_140015.jpgeh , on Saturday is big show, costed a lot to be there, we will see. I need to show what I do, the only worry i have that there will be more of people like me, and I am small, still small I will upload my mock table here so you see. Pics are not good, I took them to have on the phone when I set up the table.
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I really appreciate getting up in the mornings and seeing the odd post reaching out from across the other side of the world. It's good your still putting up with me Dahila. - The first thing that stands our when looking at your table, is the time of love that has gong into your products. I also feel the earthy tones between the tablecloth, product display units, glass bottles and various caps adds to the theme. If your competing with others, I would encourage by saying your already off to a good start given the quality of your display. May I suggest you give thought to a small back drop attached to the back of you table to contrast further the products on display? Something about 20 to 30cm above (above the highest point of your display units) and across the back section of your table? I'm assuming this would allow reaching over and have you still visible from mid torso level? (you could simply add a small board with two bricks and stand on that to make up the difference ) Just a thought to assist with impact is all. I best pull up before too many thoughts overload my mind.

It looks really good Dahila. I am impressed! Please do keep me informed as to how your project goes from week to week and THANKS heaps for showing me the pics. Always love it when others can share like so.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

My mentor friend is coming over today. Might do some work on the website. I only have one more on the funding pitch side of things ... then I go back through it all and take out unesscary words and polish the over all structure ... in fact now that I have nearly finished the pitch, I can reword my mission statement as well as vision. I'm a bit slow with that kind of thing but getting there. If anything, I have been consistent with this project. Being like so has been the key to both Lisa and I loosing so much weight and reclaiming the best parts of our health that are to be had.

Wishing you well Dahila and anyone else that bothers to read.

Peace out ...
    Until next time.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-26-2016 at 03:37 PM.

this is the table in my workshop, the show will have dressed tables, all the same. How I have no idea. I am taking with my white lace also and this brown runner. It is not booth, it is just a table. If I had a booth it would be different but 300 for a 6 hours of booth 10x10 ' it is just too much . No not really visible I am 5.4 Dave, with the 30 cm of drops you could only see my head at least on this table, It is high table in my workshop)
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Howdy my friends, Just checking in and letting you know that i am still among the living. Dahl the soap looks really nice! peace my friends
    " it is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt ", Mark Twain.

20160528_093100.jpg20160528_093047.jpgJohn it is so good to see you. We are still here, but it seems it is just us D. and D. how are John, how is work and everything.
    My show was a disaster , but thanks to other vendors who were fascinated by my products I am only -50 dollars.......... others had not sell anything. it was beautiful show but not people maybe 8 came in. We all want the refund or some kind of compensation. I lost what I could sell on Market, but on the other hand I do not consider this time wasted, it is all new experience, and kind and nice people. I took a pic or two of my table
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore