Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fuck me. I depressed.

Okay guys bear with me here. I have been depressed for almost a year now, i finally got help a month ago and am now taking prozac. I just need some words of encouragement/support. I only started treatment at the request of my girlfriend, she cares about me so much, so i wanna get better for her. Thank you so much!

Hi Cowxor. Wow, your girlfriend really cares about you! I am glad you started therapy, you can do this and you have a great goal. I hope your are intrinsically motivated to work hard on you issues. Good luck! You are on the right path now. Wish you all the best.
    Emailcoaching can help. You have your own online psychologist and together you can work on your problems in your own environment and in a structured way using CBT techniques. www.my-emailcoach.com.

Depression can easily ruin your life. But it's also something that just brings out a bunch of things that only it could do for you. Basically what i'm saying is don't resent it, don't let it take over your life, take over your mind and especially your relationships. Depression can be so toxic for relationships of all kinds , not just romantic ones. Fight it ! Think of it as a right of passage to a stronger, greater version of yourself. Something about depression that saved my life because of how ruined it made me. It requires a strength within you that you'll know about only after experiencing long-term depression. I went 3 years. No meds because well my family didn't believe in medicine for the mind, depression to them was a choice not a illness. Anyway no meds, loads of meditating, praying and therapy. Talking helps put your depression into perspective. You got this. Please just don't try to get thru this, grow thru it.

I totally agree with Stormizee!
    Emailcoaching can help. You have your own online psychologist and together you can work on your problems in your own environment and in a structured way using CBT techniques. www.my-emailcoach.com.

You have this. Embrace the support that your girlfriend is giving to you and talk to her, let her know how you feel. While some days you may not want to get deep into conversation as long as you are willing to have the conversations on a regular schedule and keep doing what you are doing, it sounds like things will continue to improve. All the best, keep on keeping on!

I am glad your girlfriend is so supportive. This will help you overcome your depression.

Hi Cowxor.

Depression is a seriously tough thing to deal with. But since it sounds like you have a great support system (like your girlfriend), this should really help you through it. I don't believe that anyone has to be depressed and stay that way. You've made an awesome decision and are taking steps to overcome it. Congratulations!
    -P.S. Cayman

I hope it goes well. Sometimes it's not going to though. That's where your girlfriend needs to be there for you. If she it your path to recovery should be a breeze. If prozac isn't for you don't get hopeless there are many medications out there that can work better for you. in this game you gotta have hope!
    I'm twisted like an Rubiks cube.
    Add me as a friend on here to talk..
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go to link below to see me and Esme.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

https://image.ibb.co/gCKsxq/33816540-807220306145297-7328234837234417664-n.jpg

Thanks guys! I *think* the medicine is helping, but it's still a long process. Some days I feel fine, but some have me feeling so down it's almost unbearable :/ Do you guys have any recommendations for those low points, where you almost consider the worst possible option?

Quote Originally Posted by cowxor View Post
    Thanks guys! I *think* the medicine is helping, but it's still a long process. Some days I feel fine, but some have me feeling so down it's almost unbearable :/ Do you guys have any recommendations for those low points, where you almost consider the worst possible option?
    I know it's silly, but when I feel low, I know it won't last and I will get through it because I have done before (feeling really bad at the moment to be honest-but I keep repeating 'this too shall pass' which is something that's helped me before). I've also write 'Here and Now' on the inside of my write everyday to ground me in the present and keep my mind from wondering into the past and the future.