Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: New Member

Unhappy New Member

Hi. (Okay so that sounds a bit negative but hi nonetheless.) As you can see I'm a new member in this forum. The reason I joined is I have a lot of questions about myself and another reason is that I felt alone inside a myriad of people no matter what age who seemed to be normal to my eyes. I still love being alone but not when I feel my heart's going to burst for no apparent reason or when I feel so scared when I was just writing stories a minute ago. I haven't receive proper diagnosis from a therapist (I'm not exactly sure what's the proper term though.) since I don't really like spending my parents' money on something trivial no matter how much I suffer so I'm not entirely sure if it is anxiety. For me I rather let them use the money on food than on their daughter who fears things that normal teenagers don't fear at all like talking to someone or stating my order. I overthink a lot of things--simple things. (An example of that would be if it was right to post a new thread since for me the word thread means different and what I'm posting is not exactly a new thread so I thought I would get scolded or something like that. It took me minutes of telling myself that it's alright.) So...yeah. Hi again.

I am so sorry if it's so long when I'm only supposed to introduce myself.
    Last edited by ThatChild; 05-26-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Hey ThatChild,

It seems to me that you may be suffering from some degree of social anxiety / phobia, so I suggest that you perform some of the quizzes at https://www.google.com.au/search?cli...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 and if indicated, view my previous post on it at http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...666#post223666 where there are some appropriate therapies worth trying before considering professional therapy.

Thank you for taking your time to reply. I appreciate it a lot.