Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Thanatophobia

Thanatophobia

Some people are fulfilled, others are filled full of anxiety. Of all the different phobias out there, this thread is specifically for those who fear death.

Thanatophobia. It's dead weight that keeps us up at night, keeps us in by day, and never ends. It's the constant sense of doom provoked by the futility of transcendent questions. It's hindering at best, preventing us from performing the simplest tasks; crippling at most when muscle tension clutches our stomachs. You probably don't know us as well as you'd think, we don't even know ourselves at times. It's hard to look others in the eye, let alone ourselves in the mirror. We get lost often, in our mind is where we like to hide, blocking reality with uncanny imagination. We need your support, lest we hide for too long.

I'd like to hear how others cope with such fears day to day, what sorts of problems/symptoms you have in contrast to mine, or just your stories of overcoming fear!

Welcome to the forum. I had this terrible fear of death when I was a young girl, frequently in hospitals. The older I am the less I am scared at least I feel this way. There is no option but die when the time comes..........BTW sleep well , even sleep is a sister of death
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore