Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Anxiety and reading.

Hello.
    Does reading(in my case before bed) have any effect on anxiety. I personally find it helps, I feel less anxious the following day, is there any truth in this or am I using reading as a crutch?
    Thankyou.

I apologize if this is not in the right place, I was unsure where to post.

Hey PlatypusC!

If it works for you - who cares what anyone says?

Peace

Elias
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

I find that it does help because you are not focusing on yourself anymore but on what you read instead.

It's even better if you are reading something positive or a story that interests you!

Hey
    I have recently rediscovered the joy reading. It helps me tremendously!

I love reading for taking me out of my head, for a while at least. I also like watching my favorite movies as well. Sometimes I take it too far and use my books to while away countless hours in bed in order to avoid facing my life. But if this helps you relax before bed and forget about your worries for a while then that is great!

Quote Originally Posted by AliasEQ View Post
    Hey PlatypusC!

If it works for you - who cares what anyone says?

Peace

Elias
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! such nonsense people ask here. Must be 14 or 15 years old.....................
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by PlatypusC View Post
    Hello.
    Does reading(in my case before bed) have any effect on anxiety. I personally find it helps, I feel less anxious the following day, is there any truth in this or am I using reading as a crutch?
    Thankyou.

I apologize if this is not in the right place, I was unsure where to post.
    Why the heck would reading a book ever be considered a crutch? I could see if you were going to do something harmful to yourself to escape your anxiety. However, reading is rather an exception to that, don't you think? It's a great idea, especially since it seems to really work for ya!

-P.S. Cayman

i like listening to audio books when i am in the mode. as reading is a struggle because of the concentration. and there is lots of stuff on the net that doesn't cost anything to listen to
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.