Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Howdy

Howdy

Hello,

Just wanted to say hello and glad to be apart of this forum. I had my first severe panic / anxiety attack during this past Easter. It was the most terrifying experience of my life, crazy fast heart rate along with dreadful thinking along with all the symptoms I have read about from people prior experiences. I do not know if I have a true anxiety order this is all self diagnosed however there are days were i feel completely normal and then days that i cant stop thinking that i have cancer or some serious illness and BOOM it starts up again for a couple of days. I have always been a relativly heathly person my whole life. I just recently started running again ( i heard it helps) and it has done me some good and not so good. I have completely given up on Coffee( i drink tea now) and soft drinks. I have list about 6-7 pounds in a months time however of course i think somethings wrong because of the weight loss( LOL ) even though i know i have been doing these things. Its rather annoying.

I have my first check up this Friday and I am relieved just to get some answers weather its an yes its anxiety or no you have a serious issue( i am hoping for the latter). This past September I had my first minor episode and went to the Hospital everything checked out completely normal but i tell myself that anything could develop in these months and its something serious now.

I have always been a worrisome person and stress out all the time. Recently this past July I lost my Job and thats where it all started, with the coming of my third child i think my body just finally broke and gave in. some days i can handle it and i am normal and then other days i am almost certain i am dying. The nights are the worst for me due to my mind always racing. I have been reading non stop about anxiety and panic attacks. Just glad to find somewhere i can seek guidance and help with this new issue. Its something i would never wish upon anyone and it has taken over my personal and work life. Thank you all for listening.

Hi, welcome. I am sorry you are feeling so anxious these days. For your heavily worrying, you can try to build in a worrying hour. Allow yourself only to worry this hour. I know it is hard, but for some people this helps. At least you can try . Good luck and please let us know what the results are from you check up.
    Emailcoaching can help. You have your own online psychologist and together you can work on your problems in your own environment and in a structured way using CBT techniques. www.my-emailcoach.com.

Quote Originally Posted by annemieke87 View Post
    Hi, welcome. I am sorry you are feeling so anxious these days. For your heavily worrying, you can try to build in a worrying hour. Allow yourself only to worry this hour. I know it is hard, but for some people this helps. At least you can try . Good luck and please let us know what the results are from you check up.
    My apologies for never responding on this, my blood test came back great. Everything was normal counts as it should be. I did have a cardiologist appointment a couple of weeks back that did an EKG on me and he said it looked good, however I am doing a sona gram and a heart monitor for 24 hrs shortly. Just to give me more peace of mind.

The anxiety had gotten better, i still struggle with it from time to time but I am able to control it some. I do feel some chest pains but it's because I constantly worry about my heart and chest areas. If I am focused on something else I feel nothing what so ever. Whatever I focus on in my body it starts to hurt or become an obsession of mine and worry about.

I have had some serious stressful events in the past couple of weeks( I live in Houston and have been dealing with historic amounts of water/ flooding) amoung other things. Also we have a trip coming up and i am terrified to fly now and I believe that's been a huge worry of mine as well.

I just keep praying and hoping that this will go away. I tried taking meds for 2 days however it was a horrible experience and I haven't ever since.

Hi and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudng8 View Post
    Hello,

Just wanted to say hello and glad to be apart of this forum. I had my first severe panic / anxiety attack during this past Easter. It was the most terrifying experience of my life, crazy fast heart rate along with dreadful thinking along with all the symptoms I have read about from people prior experiences. I do not know if I have a true anxiety order this is all self diagnosed however there are days were i feel completely normal and then days that i cant stop thinking that i have cancer or some serious illness and BOOM it starts up again for a couple of days. I have always been a relativly heathly person my whole life. I just recently started running again ( i heard it helps) and it has done me some good and not so good. I have completely given up on Coffee( i drink tea now) and soft drinks. I have list about 6-7 pounds in a months time however of course i think somethings wrong because of the weight loss( LOL ) even though i know i have been doing these things. Its rather annoying.

I have my first check up this Friday and I am relieved just to get some answers weather its an yes its anxiety or no you have a serious issue( i am hoping for the latter). This past September I had my first minor episode and went to the Hospital everything checked out completely normal but i tell myself that anything could develop in these months and its something serious now.

I have always been a worrisome person and stress out all the time. Recently this past July I lost my Job and thats where it all started, with the coming of my third child i think my body just finally broke and gave in. some days i can handle it and i am normal and then other days i am almost certain i am dying. The nights are the worst for me due to my mind always racing. I have been reading non stop about anxiety and panic attacks. Just glad to find somewhere i can seek guidance and help with this new issue. Its something i would never wish upon anyone and it has taken over my personal and work life. Thank you all for listening.
    Welcome! I just saw this post, haven't logged in here in a while.

Last year I had convinced myself that I had a tumor in my throat. I was so scared of a diagnosis I didn't go to the dr. or anything for months and months. Day after day I just dealt with the anxiety. Finally I went to the ear, nose, throat doctor. She prescribed me anti-anxiety pills in order to perform the tests. I did a throat scan with a camera, went and get an ultrasound of my thyroid...did it all. Nothing. I was perfectly fine. The 'lump' in my throat was caused by my anxiety and a little bit of acid re flux.