Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hi! I'm Citrus Bliss and I'm 18 years old.

Overcame emetophobia. In the process of overcoming agoraphobia, sleepwalking phobia, depression, OCD, general anxiety, and separation anxiety.

I am doing so through meditation, essential oils, CBD, and herbal teas. I am here to find and offer support, and to learn new ways of healing.

How do essential oils help you? Would it be a form of aroma therapy? I do fully agree with the meditation and herbal teas.

I am very happy to hear you are feeling better.

Essential oils help by inhalation, and the skin absorbs it when applied topically. I think it is a form of aromatherapy! My favorite two oils are citrus bliss and lavender. Citrus bliss and lavender have both been shown to lower anxiety in studies. I can't post links yet because I'm new, but look up on Google "citrus scent lowers stress study" and "lavender lowers stress study" and you can see some of them
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranLarry View Post
    How do essential oils help you? Would it be a form of aroma therapy? I do fully agree with the meditation and herbal teas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I am very happy to hear you are feeling better.
    Thank you, Kirk!

Quote Originally Posted by citrusbliss View Post
    Essential oils help by inhalation, and the skin absorbs it when applied topically. I think it is a form of aromatherapy! My favorite two oils are citrus bliss and lavender. Citrus bliss and lavender have both been shown to lower anxiety in studies. I can't post links yet because I'm new, but look up on Google "citrus scent lowers stress study" and "lavender lowers stress study" and you can see some of them
    I have read about lavender and a friend of mine uses that. I may have to try this out. Thanks!

No problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranLarry View Post
    I have read about lavender and a friend of mine uses that. I may have to try this out. Thanks!