Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hyper Awareness tips :)

So I've been having hyperawareness of my walking. I had an ALS scare that I'm slowly overcoming and I stumbled upon "Drop Foot". So naturally I became hyperaware of my feet. I did my research and understand that I don't have foot drop because I can still walk on my heels so I"m not too worried now, but the focus on my feet did not go away. Before I had my ALS fear I was very hyperaware of my breathing, where for an entire day and then some I would be totally conscious of my breathing. I got over it with distractions but this is WALKING. Every time I get up and walk I feel like I'm going to trip or that my feet aren't working properly, especially my left foot. That bastard always feel like it's not working properly. It's gotten to the point where I almost feel like I'm never going to know how to properly walk again, I always feel like my legs are like a marionette and it's my anxiety pulling the strings. Did that make sense? I'm trying to make my anxiety poetic. ANYWAYS, would anyone have any tips on how to distract myself from focusing on my feet while I'm walking? Your advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Mobley View Post
    So I've been having hyperawareness of my walking. I had an ALS scare that I'm slowly overcoming and I stumbled upon "Drop Foot". So naturally I became hyperaware of my feet. I did my research and understand that I don't have foot drop because I can still walk on my heels so I"m not too worried now, but the focus on my feet did not go away. Before I had my ALS fear I was very hyperaware of my breathing, where for an entire day and then some I would be totally conscious of my breathing. I got over it with distractions but this is WALKING. Every time I get up and walk I feel like I'm going to trip or that my feet aren't working properly, especially my left foot. That bastard always feel like it's not working properly. It's gotten to the point where I almost feel like I'm never going to know how to properly walk again, I always feel like my legs are like a marionette and it's my anxiety pulling the strings. Did that make sense? I'm trying to make my anxiety poetic. ANYWAYS, would anyone have any tips on how to distract myself from focusing on my feet while I'm walking? Your advice is GREATLY appreciated.
    I do the exact same thing! When I had an ALS scare, I was hyper aware of my legs.I felt physical pain in them. I would sit on the couch afraid to walk because of a new symptom coming up. Now that I fear Oviarian cancer I all ways believe my stomach hurts. I quit eating scared for a new symptom will occur.