Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hypochondriac New to this :)

Hello everyone my name is Bethany and I am 19 years old. I've always had anxiety and hypochondria since I was in middle school. haha I remember in the 7th grade I woke my mom up at 3AM thinking I was having a heart attack! Now that I look back on that I think it seems so silly but I remember being so scared. So over the course of a couple of years I slowly got rid of my hypochondria through the distractions of high school and now that I have graduated I wasn't able to go to college my first year out and had to move to a new town with my mom where I don't know anyone and I can't drive so I'm pretty isolated in this house with nowhere to go. So, for the past months my hypochondria has began seeping back into my bored and undistracted mind. First it was pancreatitis which then turned into pancreatic and/or liver cancer which then turned into colon cancer, which then got a diagnoses of irritable bowel syndrome HAHA! Then my cancers went away and then came the worst of my hypochondria fears, ALS! I'm still trying to fight this fear because I know it is an extremely rare disease that mainly affects men 50 and up and I'm a 19 year old female. I keep trying to tell myself that but you know how it goes. lol well anyways, I think this site will definitely be helpful for me because now I know I'm not alone

You commented on my post. We do seem a lot alike. Stay strong biggest struggle for me was realizing it was anxiety. Welcome my ALS buddy