Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Cool Scared Got Disturbing call from IRS stating i was being sued and c/b Immediately???

What should i do? Ignore it? Wouldnt IRS contact me in writing? It was a robot automated type call too? I am considering nchanging phone # mad though because i am in the mid of applying for Summer jobs?

Hey 1Bluerose68,

Why not call the IRS to clear up any doubt that it was in fact a hoax call?

I agree with Nowuccas. Before changing your number, call them back. FWIW, I think a robot call of that nature would very likely be a scam.

I have been a CPA a long time and their are many scams going on now. It has happened to a few clients of mine.
    I would ignore it. One client of mine got a call demanding thousands of dollars. I called the number back and it
    was not the IRS, but a scam number.

Kirk is exactly right. It has been in the news lately that there are many scams going on with the scammer calling people and saying they are from the IRS. I have never known the IRS to call someone about "being sued." He is right, IGNORE IT!