Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

My anxiety issues. Anyone else?

Hey. I just registered after my anxiety flared up again during my walk from town. I was wondering if anyone experiences these issues?

I've suffered with anxiety/depression since my teens but after counselling/meds/going to the gym I've come a long way and no longer have medication/support.

But I still have ongoing issues. One of which occurs when I go out walking - I feel like every car/person going past is laughing/staring at the way I walk - so I then overthink the way I'm walking which then probably makes me walk even more bizarrely.. And I feel like I need something in my hands (usually my phone, or a cigarette) something that I can focus on to 'hide' if that makes sense. It is seriously unbearable some days and I just want to stop and hide from it all.

Another thing is when I'm talking one on one with someone and there's lots of eye contact going on - I feel like I lose control of my facial expressions and I must look terrified but I can't seem to change my expression and feel like I'm being stared down. When someone starts talking and I know they're going to go on and on I instantly go into this intense mode and feel really uncomfortable, and my face goes red and it sometimes feels like my head is going to explode.

I would just like to hear from people's experiences with these issues I guess so I don't feel so alone.

I feel a bit better when I've exercised but then it's hard getting to the gym sometimes because I have a 40 minute walk.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassetinabowtie View Post
    Hey. I just registered after my anxiety flared up again during my walk from town. I was wondering if anyone experiences these issues?

I've suffered with anxiety/depression since my teens but after counselling/meds/going to the gym I've come a long way and no longer have medication/support.

But I still have ongoing issues. One of which occurs when I go out walking - I feel like every car/person going past is laughing/staring at the way I walk - so I then overthink the way I'm walking which then probably makes me walk even more bizarrely.. And I feel like I need something in my hands (usually my phone, or a cigarette) something that I can focus on to 'hide' if that makes sense. It is seriously unbearable some days and I just want to stop and hide from it all.

Another thing is when I'm talking one on one with someone and there's lots of eye contact going on - I feel like I lose control of my facial expressions and I must look terrified but I can't seem to change my expression and feel like I'm being stared down. When someone starts talking and I know they're going to go on and on I instantly go into this intense mode and feel really uncomfortable, and my face goes red and it sometimes feels like my head is going to explode.

I would just like to hear from people's experiences with these issues I guess so I don't feel so alone.

I feel a bit better when I've exercised but then it's hard getting to the gym sometimes because I have a 40 minute walk.

Thank you.
    Med free...thats Great! I had all the same feelings as you, always thought people were watching me and judging me. Going to the gym as you are doing helped a lot, I realized no one cared what i was doing. I eventually just got used to it. Same thing with the eyes and admittedly I still have problems looking people in the eye. You are on right track its just gonna take some time.