Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Can't sleep!! Help!

Hello, I am not new to this whole anxiety thing, and I have been feeling really well for the passed few weeks, almost to the point where I thought "I got rid of it!" But tonight, right out of no where...bam! Can't get my mind to turn off and go to sleep, been laying in bed since 11pm and here it is 230am and can't fall asleep! Any suggestions for this? I am not on any medication except for my acid reflux.
    Please help

If itcontinues ask to be put onSeroquel 75 mg or about. Its an anti psychotic opiate which aids sleep at a lowdose. Unlike sleeping pills it isnt addictive but care needs to be taken when you come off of it

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Bass View Post
    If itcontinues ask to be put onSeroquel 75 mg or about. Its an anti psychotic opiate which aids sleep at a lowdose. Unlike sleeping pills it isnt addictive but care needs to be taken when you come off of it
    Thank you, I am hoping this doesn't turn into a pattern, I didn't fall asleep until 530am and then my alarm went off at 630am Crossing my fingers for a "no anxiety day" if there is such a thing

Over the counter solutions include Diphenhydramine, Valerian Root (pills or tea), and Liquid Melatonin. All three of these have helped me to some degree. Also make sure to get enough exercise later in the day if possible. Also avoid caffeine after lunch if you can. Good luck to you.

Hey Estelle2008,

In case you aren't aware of this, Seroquel / quetiapine is known to cause diabetes in some users. AstraZeneca buried unfavourable studies on it during its FDA approval process, with a class action suit resulting.

Check out https://www.google.com.au/search?cli...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 such as:

Warning! Drug Company Buries Unfavorable ... - Mercola
    articles.mercola.com/sites/.../seroquel-studies-buried-by-astrazeneca.aspx
    Mar 21, 2009 - The link between Seroquel and diabetes has been on the FDA's radar for ... side effects from taking Seroquel, the drug remained AstraZeneca's ...

&

The Violent Side Effects of Antidepressants That ... - Mercola
    articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/.../10/.../antidepressant-side-effects.aspx
    Oct 3, 2013 - The drugs in question include Risperdal, Zyprexa, Seroquel, and Abilify. APA's recommendation with regards to anti-psychotic drug ...

See http://www.drugs.com/sfx/seroquel-side-effects.html about its side effects, which are sometimes permanent.

Use it at your peril, and in my opinion such potent antipsychotics should never be prescribed for insomnia.

View my comprehensive previous post about insomnia at http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...006#post220006

I have the same problems when you say your mind doesn't turn off. Are you looking at screens? Ex. TV, Cellphones, Laptops?

I was also suffering from somniphobia as of the past week or so, and I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that truly beats it is refusing to succumb to the thoughts which cause your anxiety in the first place. When you begin to notice yourself thinking or feeling something that causes you to freak out about sleep or deadlines or whatever it is, simply divert your mind in midstream to SOMETHING WHICH YOU ENJOY, be it, macrame (God forbid!), professional hockey, water balloons or french toast! WHATEVER IT IS! -keep diverting your mind to some pleasant topic EVERY time the panic ideation occurs. Only YOU are in control of your somniphobia/panic attack/anxiety, and ONLY YOU can normalize your bodily reactions by realizing that they're not dangerous, ultimately, and that in the end all you need to do to stop worrying is to ACTIVELY CHOOSE to do so, via forcing your mind and imagination to create lists of your favorite people, places things, (whatever you imagine or enjoy, the examples could be ENDLESS!) and continue to do this until you wake up refreshed the next morning and if necessary, repeat the process. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, I'd be glad to correspond with you. My facebook name is Michael Friel, and I also have the nickname there of 'Zabidy Do Da Heifetz'
    Last edited by averiguar; 03-29-2016 at 12:32 AM. Reason: typos