Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdrummerdude View Post
    After many things I saw about magnesium, I started on it 4 days ago. I can honestly say that these last 4 days have been the calmest days of my life! My anxiety is about 80% gone! Who knew magnesium would be such a big help!

Glad to hear that. Stress depletes magnesium / B vitamins like crazy so when your under a lot of it physically / mentally it's a good idea to get extra vitamins in. I could tell you now if I stopped taking magnesium my chest pain would get 99% worse and I would have more painful heart palpitations. Anxiety is all about balancing your life out.

Thank you as well. You mention high levels of Mg. Do you feel that you must cross over a threshold to see any difference? I take about 500mg a day (250mg in the morning and 250 at night), and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. I am taking high quality chelated Mg. Perhaps I should try doubling the dosage. I'm also over 200lbs so I probably need more.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Thank you as well. You mention high levels of Mg. Do you feel that you must cross over a threshold to see any difference? I take about 500mg a day (250mg in the morning and 250 at night), and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. I am taking high quality chelated Mg. Perhaps I should try doubling the dosage. I'm also over 200lbs so I probably need more.

1000-1200Mg until you improve. And around 500mg for maintenance when you feel better for a couple weeks.