Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy New to the forum and need some help please!!

Hello everyone!,

I am a 25 year old female who Started a serious longs distance relationship about 6 months ago. We get to see each other about every other weekend sometimes more. I always been a anxious person but I always seem to be able keep it under control. About 3 months ago my boyfriend had told me that had loved me over the phone and that I would see him that weekend. The day he was suppose to come visit he called and said he couldn't make it. Well that is what started it. I couldn't sleep eat or think straight. I kept worrying that he was gonna forget about me and never call again. Also, right at the same time I was having trouble at work. I work in a high pace and highly demanding job that the stress of it was getting to me too. Well my worry just snow ball from there I was worrying that I would go crazy or that I was having a nervous breakdown. I actually quit my job because all I would do all day was lock myself in the bathroom and cry. Quitting my job actually relieved some of my anxiety but it is still there. I am not interested in doing anything I use to do. I don't want to do anything half the time I don't even want to get dressed for the day. Recently I didn't hear from my boyfriend for 3 days straight which really got to me but instead of me thinking what is his problem I kept thinking what is my problem why can't I hold a relationship like any normal person can. Then I keep thinking what if I am gay what if that is the problem it isn't working out and that's all I can think now. I cant shake it and it is freaken me out. He is the person I lost my virginity, I love him and I do enjoy having sex with him but I don't know what to do. I feel like running away!

If your fantasies and dreams are about male lovers, then you aren't lesbian. You may benefit from viewing my previous post on Generalised Anxiety Disorder at http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...989#post223989

Learn, and employ either Progressive Muscle Relaxation ( http://www.drcoxconsulting.com/managing-stress.html ) or acupressure tapping / EFT, whichever you find most effective.

Give the Meridian Tapping Technique / EFT a good tryout, to see if it helps you. It is free via mercola.com or www.tapping.com (13 free videos), or www.eftuniverse.com or www.emofree.com or one of the many YouTube videos. Google: "YouTube; EFT videos".
    Professionally instructed is generally preferable (Google: therapists; EFT; [your location] ). - There is a version for use in public places at http://eft.mercola.com (if you like, you can claim to have a headache, as you employ the acupressure massage / tapping on your temples, but you would then be restricted to subvocalising: saying it to yourself in your mind: "Even though I have anxiety, I deeply and completely accept myself)."
    Last edited by Nowuccas; 03-25-2016 at 10:40 AM.