Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Post How to bring up anxiety with new doctor tomorrow?

Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment with a new general practitioner. I have been nervous about this appointment, because since December I have been waiting to get a doctor so I could finally be established somewhere and possibly get a new anxiety medication. I have been taking clonazepam (0.5mg) once-twice a day since January and I would like to get away from it as it only helps me at night, since I cannot take it during the day due to it making me tired then I cannot drive. The doctor who prescribed this medicine is my doctor back home who requested that I find a doctor near college to handle my mental health since I am here for 8 months out of the year, and he only gave me a month supply then I have gone to urgent care clinics since to get more medicine after a period of bad withdrawal symptoms.

I am nervous when it comes to talking to new people and I am afraid the doctor will tell me that she cannot prescribe me anything or ask me to go to a psychiatrist which I cannot afford as a college student and my family having financial issues. I have already requested, last Friday that my therapist forward my information to this doctor’s office and it should have been faxed over on Monday. So the doctor would know that I had sought out help (therapy lasted 6 sessions until it became too expensive in December) and had been diagnosed with severe anxiety.

I am also planning on bringing my two pill bottles from my previous prescriptions, information for my therapist, information for my doctor back home. This is to hopefully help me out, especially since I usually lockup when talking to doctors and panic. I’m just afraid that I will be told I cannot get the medicine I need, which helps me relax and not panic in every social setting and have random attacks throughout the day.

Have you considered the possibility to try to manage your anxiety attacks instead of repressing them with pills? How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by patriotsgal View Post
    Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment with a new general practitioner. I have been nervous about this appointment, because since December I have been waiting to get a doctor so I could finally be established somewhere and possibly get a new anxiety medication. I have been taking clonazepam (0.5mg) once-twice a day since January and I would like to get away from it as it only helps me at night, since I cannot take it during the day due to it making me tired then I cannot drive. The doctor who prescribed this medicine is my doctor back home who requested that I find a doctor near college to handle my mental health since I am here for 8 months out of the year, and he only gave me a month supply then I have gone to urgent care clinics since to get more medicine after a period of bad withdrawal symptoms.

I am nervous when it comes to talking to new people and I am afraid the doctor will tell me that she cannot prescribe me anything or ask me to go to a psychiatrist which I cannot afford as a college student and my family having financial issues. I have already requested, last Friday that my therapist forward my information to this doctor’s office and it should have been faxed over on Monday. So the doctor would know that I had sought out help (therapy lasted 6 sessions until it became too expensive in December) and had been diagnosed with severe anxiety.

I am also planning on bringing my two pill bottles from my previous prescriptions, information for my therapist, information for my doctor back home. This is to hopefully help me out, especially since I usually lockup when talking to doctors and panic. I’m just afraid that I will be told I cannot get the medicine I need, which helps me relax and not panic in every social setting and have random attacks throughout the day.
    hello patriotsgal it is good that you are going to see the doc. mindglobe makes an interesting point. yes you need the tabs but have you thought about doing things to compliment the tabs. for instance going for walks, listening to calming music that is not going to trigger you into anxiety and being mindful of what you watch on the TV that will maybe trigger anxiety. having anxiety as you may have gathered by now means you need to change your lifestyle make choices to reduce the anxiety levels. but it doesn't mean that you opt out of life. putting things into place a tool kit it if you will that you can fall back on when stressed or even just to continue a relaxed state of mind.

as i type this post i am using some relaxing calming music as the anxiety grems are snapping at my ankles. its a bit like putting up a rhetorical finger up to anxiety. dont let anxiety run your life. i do encourage you to look at putting things in your life that help to calm you. never mind that other people seem to have it together..more than likely as not they too are struggling. life is not easy. but there are many things in life that can help to e-a-s-e the anxiety. :mellow::mellow:
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know it's a few days late, but how did it go? I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for a few years now and am just now finding ways to really get to the root cause. Vitamin D deficiency and Magnesium deficiency can play major roles in both depression and anxiety. You might already know that but I wish someone would have told me that a few years ago. To be fully healed takes time, but some things can have instant effects.