Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

When You Know You Have Come A Long Way

I'm a person who has been dealing with depression, among other psychiatric issues, for most of my life. But with the help of psychotherapists and medication, I've come a long way in my fight against the darkness of depression. It's been five full years since I've been in the hospital.

One way I've come to realize how far I've made it was when, a ways back, a person I know well told me, "Mike, you always see the bright side of things, don't you?"

Then, just a few weeks later, my dad basically said the same thing about me.

Yes, I have come a long way. And I've come to realize this since two people who have known me well and have known me for a long time said the same thing about how I often look at the bright side at things.

Cool.

"...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

It is great to hear you are on the right track.

Congratulations mike! Sometimes we need to check in as to where we are at! Realizing how far you have come motivates you to go further rather than feeling like you have been wasting years

Nice to know you are on the right track

It feels good to be on the right track.

Thanks everyone.