Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

What's One Thing You Did to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone This Month?

Name one thing you did that was out of your comfort zone this month.

I'll share first:

I usually see this old homeless man on my way to the Post Office and he always has a smile on his face. I saw him for several weeks and was thinking it must be terrible for him to be on the street in this weather. This past Monday, I decided to stop and ask him what he wanted to eat to which he responded, "Just a hamburger is good enough. I'd greatly appreciate it." And that made my day.

I've never talked to random strangers on the street (unless I needed directions) let alone chatting up with a homeless person. Although it's just a small achievement, I'm proud of myself for being able to chat it up with the old man. Of course, he'll get his hamburger tomorrow when I go back to the P.O.

So, it's your turn, what's one thing you did that put yourself out of your comfort zone and made you all proud this month?
    You don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great. - Les Brown
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss

www.confilearn.com
    @ConfilearnJV

Over the years, I've performed a lot of volunteer work. But most of those jobs didn't require me to deal with the public.

However, about a month ago, I started volunteering at a food pantry. And at this food pantry, I deal with the public, answering questions they may have and giving out packages of food to them.

It's a little outside my comfort zone since I tend to feel nervous at volunteer jobs which require me to deal with the public. But so far, so good. I've managed to feel mostly calm while dealing with the public.