Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

My story/situation

Hi everyone
    I'm 22 now and my anxiety is worse than ever before and has been for the last 3 years.
    But that's not say I've not had some good times in the last 3 years I've had some great times,
    And met some amazing people. But due to my anxiety I've not managed to build or maintain relationships with any of them which always results in me going back to square one, which in this case is my bedroom my base basically the center of my whole existence my safe place but even there I don't feel "safe" unless the lights and telly are off and I'm under the duvet with my phone on flight mode (so not to recive calls). Which even writing it to me sounds pathetically ridiculous. To be honest I'm not really to sure as to why Im even writing this, the only conclusion I can come up with is as a release. It seems like I can spend hours even days planning on telling people how I feel and that I'm depressed/anxious yet as soon as I come into contact with people I instantly pretend to be happy and sarcastic as a cover up which leads me to think maybe it's more than depression or anxiety??

:Luke summers.

Writing about your anxiety is one of the best ways you can learn to cope with it, in my experience. It's very therapeutic as long as you're honest.

Yeah, I'm there with you, my friendships has dwindled away as well and I hide away in my room (Sal's Cave) now. Its good you came here to get this out, and I'd be happy to chat with you sometime