Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Anxiety again

Anxiety again

Hi everybody! This is Tamy. I'm 28 years old and have been suffering from anxiety for more than 10 years now. I've been on and off Lexapro during all this time. Last time I was on that pill was like 6 months ago. I was feeling great until a few weeks ago when I started experiencing symptoms that led me to have a full panic attack at work (I was working in an oil rig, in the middle of nowhere, which made everything even worse). Now I'm back home, on clonazepam and Lexapro again, like I was 10 years ago. It's really frustrating for me because I though I had made a progress during all these years.

I decided to join this forum because I have no one to talk about these things (beside my psychologist), and I also want to learn from your experiencies and techniques on how to overcome anxiety since I don't know anyone suffering from these disorders.

Hi Tamy. What symptoms do you experience? When you had a full panic attack, what were you experiencing? Anxiety is frustrating. You think you are good for a day, week, month, or in your case years, and boom, its back, without warrant. I get most of my anxiety/panic attacks when I am actually calm, out of no where. This is a very debilitating disease. Its a battle I want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by tami View Post
    Hi everybody! This is Tamy. I'm 28 years old and have been suffering from anxiety for more than 10 years now. I've been on and off Lexapro during all this time. Last time I was on that pill was like 6 months ago. I was feeling great until a few weeks ago when I started experiencing symptoms that led me to have a full panic attack at work (I was working in an oil rig, in the middle of nowhere, which made everything even worse). Now I'm back home, on clonazepam and Lexapro again, like I was 10 years ago. It's really frustrating for me because I though I had made a progress during all these years.

I decided to join this forum because I have no one to talk about these things (beside my psychologist), and I also want to learn from your experiencies and techniques on how to overcome anxiety since I don't know anyone suffering from these disorders.
    Hello Tammy, thank you for sharing your experience. I've had anxiety for 20+ years and had recently overcome it. I was pretty excited and I decided to write a blog to share my techniques and the tools I used. I listened to an audio book called "The Shyness and Social Anxiety System" by a guy who previously had anxiety. He went through the same things that we all went through, and I thought it was inspiring. You should check it out!

I know you've worked hard to manage your anxiety and I think it's a feat to celebrate. My go-to technique is to reward yourself every time you achieve a goal, no matter how small. That way you won't overlook your accomplishments when anxiety kicks in. I also set a goal not be overly controlling because I know things aren't going right all the time. What's important is to look at what you've achieved and continue to see it through. I hope it helps.

Good luck with everything!
    You don't have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great. - Les Brown
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss

www.confilearn.com
    @ConfilearnJV

Hi! Well, symptoms are usually dizziness, feeling I can't breath and extreme nervousness. It is very frustrating, you are right. I'm also like you, I get them out of nowhere, or sometimes for really silly situations.

Hi!! thank you very much, I'm checking out your blog and it's awesome! thank you very much for your help