Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Huge Victory

Lightbulb Huge Victory

Well, today I decided to go for a walk to relieve some of the anxiety I felt waking up, which is quite strange considering agoraphobia is my problem. Anyway, I managed to walk further than I ever have before, even made it to the next street. I was anxious, but it did not get out of control. And even if it did, there is nothing one can do about that. Even though I feel a little anxious still typing this, I think it's a huge step from not being able to walk three houses down the road or leaving my house for that matter. One step at the time

Also wanted to know if you guys have any experience with constant worrying about future events (for example going out). I have to see my therapist on Tuesday and I'm playing doom scenarios in my head already. I know that my doom scenarios won't happen on an intellectual level, however, the thoughts return and preoccupy most of my day. Can you guys give me any tips on how to deal with that? I accept the fact that the anxiety is there and it will pass, but the thoughts are just keeping me from what I need to do.

Thanks guys
    xxx

Well done on your victory! A little victor is better than a loss.

Yes, I get what you are feeling very often. It can be tough to beat without medication but it's beatable. I'm actually having a rough day today which is why I logged on. Just chatting with people that have similar conditions makes me less anxious. I'm glad you're seeing a therapist! Nothing's going to happen to you. Get there and share your fears with the dudes that know what they're talking about. Anxiety IS a biological problem.

Quote Originally Posted by av1988 View Post
    Well done on your victory! A little victor is better than a loss.

Yes, I get what you are feeling very often. It can be tough to beat without medication but it's beatable. I'm actually having a rough day today which is why I logged on. Just chatting with people that have similar conditions makes me less anxious. I'm glad you're seeing a therapist! Nothing's going to happen to you. Get there and share your fears with the dudes that know what they're talking about. Anxiety IS a biological problem.
    I tend to feel very different in the evening for some reason, everything seems so much easier and less anxiety provoking. Strange how your body works...

I do as well. Very strange. I'll be anxious all day and then I'll get home and feel better. Then asking myself "what was up with you earlier??"