Quote Originally Posted by cloudy black View Post
yes i agree and i am just in the process of requesting that my doc will look at my plan that i am implementing in a bid to get the serotonin levels corrected through vitamin D3 etc see the excellent post by Damavandi for more details. i feel it is time that i make a more concerted effort in regards to helping me improve/recover dare i say it! over many years i have taken different meds all to not much good.. and what little good to be gleaned is offset by side effects. it got that i used to wait until i had 4 to 5 side effects and then i would go back to the doc and the doc would write another prescription out and i am tired of this its just tweaking at the edges and not addressing the issue!
Unfortunately with medication, it only suppresses your symptoms. Don't get me wrong though, I've been on medication for many years and it takes the edge of when I need it most. I've dragged myself out of the anxiety hole I was in over the past weeks and slowly starting to get better again. The only thing that made me turn around was realising that what I was feeling is normal for someone with anxiety. I didn't try to fight it, I just let it hit me. I still go out daily on my walks and try to go a little further every day. If I do get anxious, I try not to run or increase my walking speed. I allow time to pass and then feel this huge relief afterwards. It is quite powerful, but practice is so important. I'm afraid mine will take a few years, but if I can do more things in the end it will be so worth it.