Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink A Little Insight for Constant Anxiety

After some self-reflection today, I discovered a truth about anxiety. Many of you know that I've been in treatment for about two months and have been struggling lately. This morning, I woke up with terrible anxiety without knowing the reason why. Then it dawned on me, what have I been doing for the past two months and what haven't I been doing for the past two months?

When I was facing my agoraphobia and panic over the past two months, I've been so busy with facing the fear. But what did I forget? I forgot the RELAX! Consciously taking some time for myself and relaxing, no matter how much resistance the body provides was something I forgot to do completely. By facing your fear everyday, your body gets so wired and nervous, simply because you make it so. So I can choose relaxation as well.

While I still face my fears on a daily basis, I'm trying to relax consciously as well. Your body needs a rest to, so it is not all about facing fear all the time. If you are undergoing treatment and experience an increase in anxiety and depression, do not be afraid to take some time to yourself and relax as well. I felt horrible this morning, but now I feel considerably better. In terms of my predecessors: "This to Shall Pass".

ah yes relaxing. something i am so rubbish at. i so need to get back into the boat regarding relaxation. so much crap is happening around me at the mo so ....you sound like you have made a shift and that is excellent.
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy black View Post
    ah yes relaxing. something i am so rubbish at. i so need to get back into the boat regarding relaxation. so much crap is happening around me at the mo so ....you sound like you have made a shift and that is excellent.
    Slowly but surely. Everyone has really bad days and really good days. It's easier to accept it than to fight it. But honestly, relaxation is so very important, even if you are facing your fears at the moment. After a while your body is so wired everything will give you a fearful or depressed feeling. Also, when there is a lot happening around you, it's even more important to do it. Just so you can get a little bit of relief from the feelings you have. Even if it is only for five to ten minutes.

Also, someone just told me something that got me really upset, then I decided to just let it go and let them believe what they want to believe. The statement was: "are you getting panic attacks to get attention". OMG lol, I felt so much rage inside. But in the end, is it really worth it? Meh, live and let live...

Btw still love your signature Cloudy Makes me smile every time I read it lol

yes mentally and physically.. i just cant get off that magic round about. maybe.. once i can start up walking again and keep up with treatment to help my feet i might just be able to drain away the excessive nervous energy through walking, need to walk at least 3 miles to 6 miles is the max which is kinda what i was doing before but never really realised it. ah yes the signature its my philosophical slant on the state of things...!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy black View Post
    yes mentally and physically.. i just cant get off that magic round about. maybe.. once i can start up walking again and keep up with treatment to help my feet i might just be able to drain away the excessive nervous energy through walking, need to walk at least 3 miles to 6 miles is the max which is kinda what i was doing before but never really realised it. ah yes the signature its my philosophical slant on the state of things...!
    Anxiety is a biological problem too

Quote Originally Posted by av1988 View Post
    Anxiety is a biological problem too
    I have to agree, but we need to cope with it somehow. When you stop being afraid of the symptoms, this is where the solution will be found. Unfortunately, I still feel scared of some symptoms, but it will come with time I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxi View Post
    I have to agree, but we need to cope with it somehow. When you stop being afraid of the symptoms, this is where the solution will be found. Unfortunately, I still feel scared of some symptoms, but it will come with time I think.
    Right I agree. Although one should still correct their serotonin levels through meds.

Right I agree. Although one should still correct their serotonin levels through meds.
    Hi Kixxi

I agree with your sentiments. I spend all day in jail trying to relax but it's hard, the anxiety never goes away. Do you have any specific ways for doing so? Getting motivated to do something is the hardest part

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Bass View Post
    Hi Kixxi

I agree with your sentiments. I spend all day in jail trying to relax but it's hard, the anxiety never goes away. Do you have any specific ways for doing so? Getting motivated to do something is the hardest part
    The only thing that really works for me is to remind myself it is just a feeling and accepting that the feelings and thoughts are there. It also helps to check my breathing once in a while, since I tend to hold my breath as I get nervous, which can bring about some of the symptoms.

yes i agree and i am just in the process of requesting that my doc will look at my plan that i am implementing in a bid to get the serotonin levels corrected through vitamin D3 etc see the excellent post by Damavandi for more details. i feel it is time that i make a more concerted effort in regards to helping me improve/recover dare i say it! over many years i have taken different meds all to not much good.. and what little good to be gleaned is offset by side effects. it got that i used to wait until i had 4 to 5 side effects and then i would go back to the doc and the doc would write another prescription out and i am tired of this its just tweaking at the edges and not addressing the issue!