Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buspirone

From the perscription label of my 30 MG tablet bottle Take 1 tablet by oral route 2 times every day with X2 tablets of 10MG

I just started taking 5 mg three times a day and am hoping to have good results. I also take high doses of Vitamin C crystals and am hoping that doesn't interfere. Like a previous poster, I am super sensitive to meds so am hoping this will be something that will at the very least, bring me from an 8 of anxiety down to a 4

The buspirone will probably help and good for you for taking it 3 times a day. I'm not sure why you take high doses of vitamin C crystals. check it out to be sure you aren't taking more than you should.

Note to self: Ask psych about Buspirone next time I see him. I don't think it's used much in Australia because I've never heard it mentioned by anyone here.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

My doctor recently prescribed buspirone for me. I am taking it in the morning and night. At night it's ok, but when I take it in the morning, I siddenlh feel nauseated and tired (like someone sucked up all my energy), I spend most of my afternoon battling these side effects. Anyone here can relate?

I just started taking this about 3 weeks ago, so I'm interested to see what others say about it. I feel like I have a high resistance to meds, so I'm hoping it works. I do feel a bit better but I'm wondering if that is from the meds yet.

Mine is 10MG, twice a day, is the norm to take one in the morning and one at night?

I take Buspirone but I'm not sure if that's what is helping me because I take 3 meds, Klonopin, Zoloft, and Buspirone. However I can tell you that it's safe for me because I had no problems and haven't had any panic attacks ever since taking these all together. In my opinion, I think Klonopin is what did the trick, and zoloft and buspirone gave it another edge and completely cleared my depression I'm lucky though! No major side affects so far!

Quote Originally Posted by McOwnage View Post
    I take 50mg 2 times a day I fell it helps a little but I may be asking to up the dosage
    Wait... What the f... 50mg???
    Last edited by Plasma; 11-27-2016 at 04:29 AM.

I was on buspirone for a while, didn't do anything for me, but no side effects.

I lied to the psychiatrist and said it was working because I was worried of disappointing her.

Then my health insurance changed and I got a fresh start with a psychiatrist, so I told the truth that time. I think.

not to put a negative attitude toward meds, but have any of you considered trying to find either a natural-pathic doctor or any other medical alternatives? I personally found that one can address certain illnesses just by simply making lifestyle changes (major ones). For instance; cutting out alcohol, tobacco, high stress, high doses of sugar and caffeine. Also on top of that get rest, exercise, nutritious meals, drink water, meditate, prayer. You may be too used to meds working for you but trust me, all the things I named have zero side effects. Peace!

Zero side effects! Now that's worth the effort when you consider how one chemical leads to another in order to combats such effects. Sadly, I believe today's culture has an adverse reaction to any kind of effort at all.

The latter is a little hard to take on board, however your point is quite motivational silver lining. You really do seem to live up to your name.

So glad you have hit these boards. Your encouragement is without a doubt well received.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/