Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buspirone

Buspirone

I have never took this medication before and I'm nervous to take it im really weird when it comes to anxiety medicine and I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with Buspirone?

I like it and it has helped me. However, it does have a short half-life so I have found that it works best if I take it with food, 2-3 times per day.

I just started taking myself one week now at 5 mg. Apparently takes 6 weeks to kick in. After how many weeks did anyone increase to 10 mg? I'm in jail taking without medical supervision

You can actually go from 5 mg to 7.5 and then to 10 mg. I would say you can increase from 5mg to 7.5 after one week, then to 10 mg after second week. Or, you can speed it up a bit if you really need it.

Thanks Anne that is very useful information I'll break the pills in half and do 7.5 mg as you suggested

Hi Anne

What was your final dosage? The max is 3 x 20mg apparently.

Been 2 weeks now I'm up to 3 x 10mg

My doctor says he has never seen anyone as sensitive to medication as I am. So, I can't take as much as I would like. I only take 5 mg per day right now, but I will try to take more later. From what I've read and been told, Buspirone is one of the safest anti-anxiety of choices. It's been around for a long time, and it helps you, that is good. A lot of people say it doesn't help them, but it's a good medication if you can stick to taking it two to three times per day because it wears off quickly.

I took it for a couple of months. I was on 10mg twice a day. I think it may have helped a little bit. It made me very dizzy when I took it no matter if I took it with food or not. I tried to go up to 15 mg but I had a bad panic attack. I stayed at 10 mg but I ended up going off of it.

I take 50mg 2 times a day I fell it helps a little but I may be asking to up the dosage

Are you sure you take 50mg twice a day? Drugs.com says the dosage for one day should not exceed 60 mg. That's an awfully high dosage. I found it worked best when I took it twice a day as well. The problem is it has a short half life and wears off. I even found it the best when I took it 3 x per day but it was a hassle to do that.