Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy New to anxietyforum! Hello :)

Hi, I'm new to anxietyforum. I have OCD and GAD as well as a lot of phobias and social problems. Just wondering if anybody else panics when a friend reads their text message or whatsapp and doesn't reply, because I have that pretty badly right now and can't stop wondering whether said friend is upset with me/doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the amount of stress and discomfort this can cause??? Thank you, mv0cd x

Welcome. I don't think there is much we can do about if someone responds or not, so try not to worry about what you can't control. On the other hand, if you have anxiety, like I do, we worry about everything. If they don't message you back, try not to take it personally.

A good rule of thumb is don't assume anything by no response. Wait until they say something specific to let you know they are upset.
    Many people don't respond.

We can't control other people (which at times seems quite unfortunate), but we do control ALL of ourselves. Some people do get upset, but their upset almost always has to do with THEM and not you. You can't control what upsets them either, so be your best you, and allow yourself to rest.

I'm new, too, by the way, so welcome!!