Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink What's the one thing you do that makes your SA better?

I'm sure we all have a go-to source for improving their SA. Personally, I listen to empowering music and lectures on YouTube for hours before an important event. About an hour before, I take 5mg-10mg of propranolol and I can handle nearly any conversation for the next 2-3 hours. So, what's your 'one thing' ?

Good question. TY.
    I also do similar with youtube minus the pills; but mores the power to you if it helps.

I try to find Space to both focus and unwind. Plan ahead also helps, but not overdoing it with too much thought.

Nice to meet you.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Meditation helps me a lot. I'm usually kinda reserved. If I get into the habit of meditation though, I find I naturally open up. I guess I feel more connected to myself and the people and things around me.

Thanks for the advice! I have also had some luck with opening up by meditating and supplementing with Tianeptine (very safe neuroprotector and mood enhancer) as well as Semax/Selank from Russia. I'm big on the supplement side as I like to have instant results on an as-needed basis.

I found that selling my products and talking to people about them is incredibly easy. I forget about SA , it comes later on but I hope it will improve with time. Maybe because i am very passionate about it. I do not know, it is easy after first hour
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hiding my shaking, trembling hands in my pockets so nobody notices is one thing I do to keep myself calmer in social situations.

I find wearing shades somewhat helpful...the way they dim everyone and everything around me. I also feel more mysterious and cool when I'm rockin' those bad boyz.

I worked through a great social anxiety workbook, when I stopped drinking 12 years ago. I think it was called something like The Social Anxiety Workbook or something. It had page by page exercises that you had to go out and do. It really helped me a lot.

The music definitely helps me, tho i have to be careful or I'll consume myself in it! I have struggled with SA for a very long time and recently have been getting better with it. I find exercise helps and copious amounts of time outside. Whether it be walking the local trails and photographing everything beautiful i see! Or just sitting on my porch with my headphones on.

There's more than one thing, but a major factor is taking time off from work. Stress, back pain, insomnia, and anxiety all decrease. Going back causes a sharp rise in all these problems. Sleeping the night before returning even from a weekend is next to impossible because I'm dreading what could be waiting for me.