Hello all! I am brand new to this forum. I have been on others, but needed something new. So here is a little bit about me:
I have suffered from panic attacks and general anxiety as far back as my memory permits. As I have grown, so has my anxiety. I was diagnosed with OCD and health anxiety. I have had many ups and downs. There have been great stretches of time where I have not had to be medicated and experienced no anxiety. Unfortunately I have recently relapsed into what I call "full OCD" mode. Everything is an obsession, everything causes me stress and anxiety, and in turn I am getting all the horrible physical symptoms of anxiety. I have mastered stopping full blown panic attacks, but the fear of having one is still in the back of my mind constantly. My common sense tells me these are products of anxiety, my OCD and health anxiety tells me there is something tragic and terminal brewing in my body.
I am trying to take the steps in the right direction to re-gain control over my life. I have started working out again, have an appointment next month with a doctor, and am trying to partake in relaxing activities like meditation and massages.
My brain and my body are just so very tired, and I need a little more support from people that understand and also experience anxiety. So I won't be sneered at and told to get over it, because "its just in your head"
Although I am struggling, I know that I have come out on the other side many times before.