Hi Folks

I don't know if this has been asked before but I can't find it anywhere on google.

Is there such as thing as "body anxiety" ?

What I mean is where the body displays all the symptoms of anxiety, but you don't really get any anxious thoughts. The kind of symptoms I'm talking about are palps, severe hyperacusis, screaming tinnitus, feeling grotty, poor concentration, vertigo, frizzy scalp etc. I always sleep great and I've become totally a boss at ignoring these symptoms and just getting on with life, but the symptoms just don't go. I certainly was anxious about it in the past and I've had bots of depression but since I've learned more about anxiety that side of it has gone away and I've not had depression for over 6 months now. My state of mind now seems very good other than the aforementioned poor concentration which is thankfully episodic.

I don't really spend any time thinking about symptoms, except obviously a few times a day it does cross my mind but I think thats natural with so much symptoms and discomfort going on.

I've been through the doctors and he said that there's no disease that matches my symptoms (I think thats rubbish but I'm just going with the flow for the foreseeable future, mainly because all the other diseases that cause these symptoms don't have any treatment other than neuro suppressants and anti depressants so there's no point getting a diagnosis really).

The closest thing I can find is "dysautonomia". Although chiari is also a very good fit. I also have some signs of POTS like dizziness on standing but the delta in heart rate is not usually enough to meet the criteria of POTS.

All thoughts welcome, Merry Christmas