Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question Fear of Teeth Falling Out(?)

Hi y'all this is my first thread here on the Anxiety Forum & am looking for maybe some advice or comfort here on a fear of mine. Ever since the end of August, I have been focused on my teeth. This happened after I was diagnosed with a severe sinus infection that was primarily in my maxillary glands (cheek area). Ever since I have had multiple sinus infections, including one right now. My biggest issue is whenever I have sinus pain it feels as if my teeth are loose. When I bite down I feel my bottom teeth cause my top teeth to move a little bit but not like a wiggly tooth when you're little (thank God). However, I always need to feel my teeth afterwards with my hands and try wiggling them with my fingers to see if they're coming out, but they don't move. I am extremely transfixed on this issue right now it actually does interfere with my normal everyday activities. I have not visited a dentist in awhile as my family does not have dental insurance currently, but I am going to a dental clinic in January at a local University. In the mean time, has anyone else had this issue before? I'm 20 years old if this helps any and I brush my teeth 2x's a day, floss, and use mouthwash too. Also, can my anxiety cause physical symptoms to happen like cause my teeth to feel weird if I'm overthinking about them? I haven't discussed this issue with my psychologist yet so I'm unsure.

Thank you so much if you respond, I appreciate any and all feedback. Have a lovely day! :-)

Anxiety can and will cause physical symptoms.

One thing you might be doing when anxious and not realising is clenching your jaw. Often times when I feel anxious it's something I do sub consciously. It's only when I purposely ask myself if I'm doing it I realise I am clenching hard!

It's likely just swelling in the area and when you close your mouth it's just the pressure making it feel a bit weird. Clenching is really bad for your teeth by the way! I shattered two molars through constant clenching and had to get implants in instead. I've since cracked and chipped one of them.

hello patriotsgal strange random question, but hey why not...do you struggle with long standing indecisiveness and an inability to breakdown ideas for analysis? just thought i would throw that out to you. have you got a big decision to make? or are your teeth needing some TLC!!
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.