Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yes - It helps to detox the body on occasion to get the most benefit from natural remedies.

I sort of gave up because everything I tried just didn't work. I do find chamomile tea very soothing though.

The only one that I use currently is Melatonin for those times when I don't get enough natural sunlight.

I use Melissa aka Lemon balm , it helps me with sleep. I grow it in my garden it is perennial plant and has wonderful lemony scent,
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check Lemon Balm when I get to GNC at the mall hopefully this week If I can.

I have so much melisa wasted in my garden it is a huge shrub like and comes back every year
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Mindalex View Post
    Hi. Do you feel weak the next day? I wanted to try this before but a friend of mine told me it makes her feel shaky the following day.
    Hello, Mindalex and welcome to anxietyforum

I decided to move your quote asking @Kirk a question from another thread over to this thread to give Mr. Ponder some breathing room - and to comment myself. I look forward to hearing more from Kirk with his experience with Melatonin; as well.

Honestly, Melatonin at a dosage of 3MG used to do wonders for me during the 90's, but after a while I guess my body got used to and it just stopped working (just like other meds tend do after a while overtime for some). I wouldn't say it makes you feel shaky, I'm not sure where you heard that, but it does tend (especially as higher dosages) cause nightmares. That being said.. since its pretty cheap nowadays, you *could* certainly give it a shot and see for yourself.

Of course - I must say - you should consult with your doctor about starting and new supplements, so as to prevent any interactions with any other meds your currently using.

Another way to get more Melatonin naturally is to get more sun if possible.

Take care
    Last edited by salvator here; 01-08-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post

Another way to get more Melatonin naturally is to get more sun if possible.
    Thanks so much for your response. I'll give it a try. Also, now that you mentioned it. I may have trouble sleeping because I don't get enough sunlight. Most often, none at all.

Also with regards to aromatherapy, I like lavender, lemon, and peppermint. Others are too strong for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindalex View Post
    Thanks so much for your response. I'll give it a try. Also, now that you mentioned it. I may have trouble sleeping because I don't get enough sunlight. Most often, none at all.

Also with regards to aromatherapy, I like lavender, lemon, and peppermint. Others are too strong for me.
    You're welcome Same here; I don't get enough sunlight either. I'm learning to open the curtains during the day and let natural light in helps, and try to get outside when there's sunlight. I found this article today and I think it explains well the correlation between sunlight and Melatonin. https://mammothcomfort.com/melatonin...-nights-sleep/

I've been using the Lavender one and it blends into my essence well into a unique scent that I do find soothing. However, the tea tree one is terrible so I tossed it in the rubbish and picked up 2 more of the lavender and almond oil one.

https://www.dollartree.com/aroma-gur...bottles/294260

Just $1.00