Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy New to the anxiety world help as much as you can 😊

3 weeks ago I started suffering from anxiety due to the use of a drug stupidly for recreational use that has probably harmed me for good. I have seen the doctor and she reckons it may subside and gave me Ativan for when needed. I started taking it for three days but didn't like its effects so I stopped. I felt unlike myself. The only anxiety symptom I am now suffering from is shortness of breath and the back pain is getting insane. These symptoms last all day long and are so anoyying. For the long term has anyone found a medication that helps with short new of breath cause at the moment it's getting hard to deal with as I play high level soccer and always had perfect breathing.

In the long run an antidepressant may be considered I'm 20 years old and a female has anyone else had these symptoms and has an antidepressant helped?

I'm so confused and need some guidance

hello Torieliza sounds like you have triggered a drug induced anxiety. and maybe you will need some time to get through this. it goes without saying to stay away from recreational drugs. and if that means you need to change friends to do that then i strongly recommend you do that. do not take your health for granted and yes anti depressants do give you side effects and it is difficult the stark choice you have is, "do you want to feel high levels of anxiety or side effects thats the crappy choice short term" hopefully this is just a blip and you will be ok.

the shortness of breath and back pain is possibly the anxiety that you triggered when taking recreational drugs. usually it takes about 30 days before medication gets into the system and starts to work. so i wouldnt be too sure of it being side effects take care and stay away from the recreational drugs FULL STOP.
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just be wary that in most cases, prescription medicines, including mood stabilizers ... are often prescribed as an aid only. It typically takes the body's immune system 30 days to give in to the daily bombardment of synthetic toxins. After this time, the programming of said chemicals introduced are said to be fully functional. My experience has revealed to me, that it is not uncommon for individuals to suffer side effects early on. My family is quite sensitive to drugs and a LOT of the prescription meds pumped through my families history have done as much if not - more damage and than illicit ones ... prior to clinical intervention.

One need not even have a history of drug taking to have a predisposition either. In fact, most people these days are so chocked up on sugar, fats and all things sweet and full of glutten ... most are simply too sick to even notice the side effects until it's too late. The answer for most is to up the dose and or switch ... or to hell with it ... do both.

Be warned - Prescribed medications are as much, if not more a hook:

I started on antidepressants and ended up on antipsychotics. Trust me when I say, prescriptions drugs are not what everyone makes them out to be. Tread carefully, take your own notes and make your own decisions. Do what works ... but be real about it. If one does not want to be anxious, there are others ways of dealing with emotional instability other than popping pills. The hand them our way to easy and no enough when it really matters.

Whatever way you go and what works for you ... I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-14-2015 at 01:15 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post

Trust me when I say, prescriptions drugs are not what everyone makes them out to be. Tread carefully, take your own notes and make your own decisions. Do what works ... but be real about it. If one does not want to be anxious, there are others ways of dealing with emotional instability other than popping pills. The hand them our way to easy and no enough when it really matters.

Whatever way you go and what works for you ... I wish you all the best.
    yes i agree with all of what Ponder has says pills are only a short term "fix" but long term you need to look at incorporating a way of dealing with anxiety into your life and the internet has lots of helpful stuff out there. try finding some relaxation items that talk you through. obtw if you find any good ones then let us all know! its good to share positive stuff as well!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy black View Post
    .... obtw if you find any good ones then let us all know! its good to share positive stuff as well!
    That kind of implies I am being negative? Not sure of your context. Highlighting the dangers and complacency with medication is actually quite a healthy attitude ... a positive approach to taking control. As someone who is not currently taking meds and has a self professed intolerance to prescription meds, I doubt I will have anything to report other than a few herbs, walking the dog and eating less junk food.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

i was talking about the relaxation stuff on the internet. that was the positive stuff i was talking about. sorry if you misunderstood Ponder. the walking the dog, herbs and cutting out junk food is very good also

Thanks for clarification. Was just trying to understand your meaning. Much apreciated. I will do just as you say. I've been looking into training the brain of late. A kind of exercise in manualy rewirring the brain. Nuero plasticity. Nothing new, but advances have been made.