Hello,

(If this is not welcome here, I am very sorry.)

My name is Martyn Tranter, my team and I at Hollow Robot are working on a video game called Johnny Reboot. I also have agoraphobia as well as a panic disorder.

I have suffered from agoraphobia for over 10 years, and panic disorder for over 13 years. After a few years I came up with the character Johnny Reboot, who is just like me. I wanted to create someone who had the same feelings I had, as well as the same fears. Not only myself but others on my team also suffer from the same disorders. My co-writer Brandon McAllister suffers from Agoraphobia as well as depression, Our lead software engineer was recently diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and our voice actress who plays our lead antagonist has suffered from anxiety for a long time. As you can see the game is being designed by people who understand what it is like, and hope to raise awareness of these mental disorders.

Here is a description of our work in progress game.

Johnny Reboot is the protagonist of our game. He has been trapped in an isolated space for 20 years of his life by his father. Due to Johnny's isolation, he has developed a condition known as Agoraphobia; A disorder of living in fear from the outside world and entering unknown spaces causing anxiety or even panic attacks. In this 2.5D Side Scroller the city of Xeno, a world within the boundaries of the internet has been invaded and thrown into chaos by Morrigan, the Antagonist. Johnny has been kept away from the world until now to embark on a journey to save the net and to pursue his pre-determined destiny as Xeno's secret weapon all while battling his own internal conflict of Agoraphobia, which not only has become Johnny Reboot™'s core mechanic but will deliver a captivating story of a real life condition that has finally been interpreted in a game for the first time.

If you have any questions at all we are more then open to them.

Thank You for reading.