Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Which works best

Went to Dr yesterday she gave me a list of anxiety meds wanted me to decide which one I would try as I'm scared of side effects so wanted some opinions on which one of these works and has less side effects and we'll tolerated.
    Wellbutrin
    Celexa
    Cymbalta
    Lexapro I've tried but wants me to try again
    Effexor
    Thanks in advance

You might be the first person to get a list to choose from! Anyway, Wellbutrin is in a different class from the others. Some say it doesn't work too well for anxiety but is great for depression. Lexapro is similar to Celexa, without all the side effects of Celexa. I don't think Cymbalta works as well as Lexapro for anxiety but that's just based on what I've heard or read.

Every medicine works differently for every individual, so your doctor can decide best fro which will work for you to give trial.. My doc prescribed me to take Zoloft and Xanax for my anxiety depression and panic attacks, they work perfectly for me...
    Anti-anxiety: Xanax ( alprazolam )
    Anti-depressants: Zoloft pills
    Pillsforall.com

Wellbutrin is kind of in a different category (it's considered more of an antidepressant in most cases) but I can say that it has helped my anxiety. I would do some research about what would be the best fit for you, though. All of these can have different side effects and some might be better for your kind of lifestyle than others.

It's different for everyone. If Lexapro didn't work for you the first time personally I'd try something different. Lexapro is an SSRI. Can you ask for something in a different class? (Some of the drugs you mentioned are in different classes).

I took Wellbutrin for about 6 months did wonders but then everything went down hill, i'am starting zoloft now. it all depends on the person.

Didn't like Wellbutrin myself, wasn't on it very long. Didn't do anything for depression or anxiety, but everyone's biology is different.

Lexapro has been to most effective medication for my depression. It did take some time (about a month) before I finally noticed it's full effect. I would say, there are little side effects from this one in comparison to others I've tried.

Effexor has always been a staple med for me dealing with my bipolar depression.

Wellbutrin is effective for others from what I hear, but it made me worse (much worse).

It takes time for you and your physician to come up with the correct medication combination that works best for you. For me, the guesswork just gets old after a while, and sometimes I just need a break to clear out my system. Just be aware that abruptly stopping meds of this nature is not without consequences if you require them.

I know I should not be suggesting which pills work the best I personally did not do well with Anti-Depressants they made my Depression worse. I got misdiagnosed as having Clinical Depression/SAD but I later discovered I was Bipolar when I started to experience mixed episodes. I have been on several different ones to find a good match. I am currently on Divalproex which is a mild mood stabilizer. I will never go on Antidepressant or Lithium.