Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Best of luck! CBT is definitely the way to go.

Thumbs up CBT is what saved me

I was suffering from PTSD and I had a nervous breakdown 2 years ago however I recovered in under a year from CBT. And do give us an update on your condition. I think it takes a lot of courage to open up.

Quote Originally Posted by JenXO View Post
    I was suffering from PTSD and I had a nervous breakdown 2 years ago however I recovered in under a year from CBT. And do give us an update on your condition. I think it takes a lot of courage to open up.
    Hi Jen, thanks for sharing. Somehow it makes me feel better to realise other people have gone through CBT and they recovered with it. I'm hoping it will do the same for me in the long run.

Also a little update this week:

I've been feeling a little less anxious, even though it has been a real stressful week. My psychologist gave me breathing exercises to cope with my constant hyperventilating. These exercises I need to do two times a day for ten minutes (which I have been doing). I've also left the house on a daily basis and went for a short walk. The walks are becoming a little easier every time.

The only real thing I'm struggling with at the moment is the famous anticipation anxiety. I am already thinking about Tuesday, the route I have to take and the things that could go wrong along the way. I'm already imagining myself having a panic attack on route or at the psychologist office. I know it is the wrong thing to do, but I can't seem to get my mind of it. Still, the more you try the fight the thoughts, the more they come back. So I'll try dealing with them instead. Any suggestions?