Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    well done Kixxi keep on with this. you are doing really well.
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy black View Post
    well done Kixxi keep on with this. you are doing really well.
    Thanks cloudy, you've been great Going in an hour, feeling the anticipation anxiety bubbling up, but will just let it happen and keep going haha Btw love the signature

Okay quick update.

Done the following in the past week:

- Pharmacy
    - Full supermarket shop the day before Christmas
    - Walking alone down the street
    - Walking to the postbox
    - Going to therapy alone
    - Walking in a busy shopping street
    - Small corner shop
    - etc... etc...

The therapy seems to be working. The more I learn and the more exposure I do, the easier it's getting

CBT has helped me out tremendously, good luck!
    “Whether you think you can or can’t either way you are right.” - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxi View Post
    Okay quick update.

Done the following in the past week:

- Pharmacy
    - Full supermarket shop the day before Christmas
    - Walking alone down the street
    - Walking to the postbox
    - Going to therapy alone
    - Walking in a busy shopping street
    - Small corner shop
    - etc... etc...

The therapy seems to be working. The more I learn and the more exposure I do, the easier it's getting
    well that is amazing i hate shopping at christmas so you are doing very well and all the other things. its all the little things that add to a better picture. so keep painting!! Happy New Year To You!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Okay, just a quick update today as I had a minor problem. Had a few sessions on CBT and can handle most places quite well. However, today we were heading to the cinema to see the new Star Wars film. I was feeling okay until we hit the line for snacks and drinks. I had three major panics, and each time I had to leave. Eventually I went back in and sat through the film, not without problems I might add. Feeling a bit down at the moment because I was doing so well and then suddenly had such an intensive panic attack it felt like day one again. I'm trying to realise it is just a minor setback and this behaviour takes a while to unlearn. Well, will have plenty to discuss with my CBT therapist on Tuesday.

Did anyone else suffer relapses during their CBT therapy?

well thats to be expected in fact its normal. the fact that you are doing so well means that you are receptive to CBT. well done for going back in.that if anything is what it is all about. keep getting back on that horse. and yes regarding the panic attack dont forget you have had these for a while and so its going to take patience and kindness to yourself it is a kind of self parenting to yourself (which is what i need to do at the mo..) you're doing very well indeed

well thats to be expected in fact its normal. the fact that you are doing so well means that you are receptive to CBT. well done for going back in.that if anything is what it is all about. keep getting back on that horse. and yes regarding the panic attack dont forget you have had these for a while and so its going to take patience and kindness to yourself it is a kind of self parenting to yourself (which is what i need to do at the mo..) you're doing very well indeed
    Thanks for the support Cloudy Went back to CBT today, had quite the panic attack but did it nonetheless. Also had to take the bus back, so that's quite a victory on its own.

you are not letting it beat you and that is to be applauded because that is what will get you through. each time you have a victory you will get stronger and sure you will have set backs. throughout my life i have put into place coping mechanisms. one of which is this using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFwkeOyYV1I as a support for myself. what i have found is that i have had to work at it to keep on keeping on. and so i have found that it is good to build my own personal arsenal of stuff that gets me through the tough times.

think of a Swan and how graceful they appear on the water it seems like no effort. when in fact have you ever noticed their feet working like mad. and if you transfer that to the world of people, a lot of people seem to just be "going through life gracefully" but i bet their feet are working hard in the background!!

you are not letting it beat you and that is to be applauded because that is what will get you through. each time you have a victory you will get stronger and sure you will have set backs. throughout my life i have put into place coping mechanisms. one of which is this using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFwkeOyYV1I as a support for myself. what i have found is that i have had to work at it to keep on keeping on. and so i have found that it is good to build my own personal arsenal of stuff that gets me through the tough times.

think of a Swan and how graceful they appear on the water it seems like no effort. when in fact have you ever noticed their feet working like mad. and if you transfer that to the world of people, a lot of people seem to just be "going through life gracefully" but i bet their feet are working hard in the background!!
    Thanks for the link. I'll have a look at it during work today It makes me feel a little better, since I felt like a failure after that cinema trip. However, now I realise that it was actually quite a victory, no matter how uncomfortable I felt at the time...