Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

New to the forum-a few questions

I thought that I'd join this forum to find more people like me, I have a kind of random question;
    I'm wondering how you guys celebrate Christmas. Or if not, what else you do and the 25th of December c:
    I also want to know how you guys know that you have anxiety?.

For me I've been like this for as long as I can remember, I used to and still am but to a lesser degree, very intimidated by people. Only a couple of years ago did I get 'diagnosed' with anxiety by my doctor because I had panic attacks in school at unexpected times.. I still dont fully know why but I seemed to have improved, It may be because Im much more happy around Christmas because of the excitement of seeing all of my family.

Soo... yeah those were my random thoughts, Im looking forward to hearing your stories c:

I celebrate Christmas with family and we eat a lot! I do most of the cooking. (turkey, ham, stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc. YUM!)
    I have always been a worrier, but it became a problem because I just felt anxious/worried so I got help for it.

I celebrate Christmas with my family. We do presents in the morning then go out for lunch and enjoy the day with each other. I am not officially diagnosed with anxiety, but I have experience in psychology and have been seeing my school counselor since I was a freshman in college. Activities I do that help with anxiety are: coloring, cooking, exercise, talking to friends and reading, besides going to my counselor.

I do those exact things to help with my anxiety! I love to cook, try new recipes, exercise, color and do arts and crafts. I have a great therapist too.

I play guitar and piano to try and distract myself. Does it help to talk to a therapist?

Yes, it helps immensely! Especially if you find a good one. I talk everything over with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    I play guitar and piano to try and distract myself. Does it help to talk to a therapist?
    My experience with a therapist is it helps with anyone, but it the most when you click well with your therapist. I am on my third counselor at my college and I feel like he is the best match for me.

Hey, also new to the forum.

Spend Xmas with my family. Im at uni this year and it's a lot of stress so it's nice to go back and see everyone for a couple of weeks! Ive struggled with anxiety for roughly 10 years now but only realised what it was until about a year ago, have been seeing a therapist for roughly 12 weeks and although it has helped, it's still quite bad. Not officially diagnosed but i definitely struggle.

Xmas is a nice time to just chill and eat lots of mother's food

I agree, Christmas is about the only time I can relax c: