Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question Tapering off Clonazepam/Klonopin

Unless you're looking for a backstory into why I'm tapering off my medication, I'll keep it simple.
    I've been taking Clonazepam 0.5 mg twice a day for the past two years, but 6 months ago raised it to three a day. My psychiatrist currently has me going from the 1.5 mg of Clonazepam a day down to 0. He is having me go down 0.5 mg a week.
    I've been feeling crappy lately ever since I dropped down to 1 mg.
    I find myself fatigued, anxious/on edge, feeling hot when I have no fever (eyes feel dry too, sort of like when you're sick), abdominal pain, currently a headache that just won't go away, etc.
    Are these all normal side effects of coming off of Clonazepam/Klonopin?
    I'm just looking for an understanding of what's going on now, and what I should expect to come. Is there more to come?

good for you
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    good for you
    It was intended as a question, not a proclamation. :l

I think a week is not enough, I would do like 3 weeks of going down 0.5 mg, I am on it too but only occasionally I need to take two of them, usually is 0.5 on evening. Two years you were getting it it takes at least 6months to ween of it
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I always feel dreadful when I am tapering off medications, more so than other people. Go slowly and know these strange side effects will eventually subside.