Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

has anyone tried this?? wondering why not.

Has anyone tried Meditation? I'd very bad cases of panic attacks, depression and was without any support.

I picked up one old dusty book on controlling emotions by an Indian Yogi (I still have it) and it worked well... then I graduated to more spiritual stuffs.

And now I'm going forward in my life really well. I'm recognised at my workplace as the go-to guy, my seniors place lot of confidence in me, my family feels proud for me... I was bad at dating but one cute girl fell for me and married me... so overall I'm living a good normal life.

I realised maybe some people don't need such things, but I'm different. I needed to turn to spirituality to control my roller-coaster ride of emotions.

Now whenever I feel overwhelmed I just meditate along with Meditation CDs of Dr Brain Weiss and many other authors... Just wondering has anyone tried this sort of self-help??? If not then why not? (some of them don't require you to be religious.)

hope,
    mohinish

Just sitting quietly in the woods with my dog benefits me greatly after work. I don't follow a particular meditation philosophy or anything like that, but getting back to nature and letting my mind slip into neutral are very beneficial things.