Hey guys, once again im suffering insomnia.. I have a symptom which is best explain like, when i'm ready to fall asleep i keep coming back to my senses.. No hypnic jerks or anything, all inside my head.. And this keeps being repeated so many times that my head starts to hurt and i feel even worse!

It first began when i quit smoking by going cold turkey 4 years ago.. I had the exact same symptom, and it keeps coming whenever i inhale a lot of cigarette smoke! I'm into uni, and literally 95% of all students there smoke, be it outside or on the staircases with not enough ventilation to keep smoke out of the building.. and since every 1 hour we have a 10 min break, i have to keep inhaling smoke while going up the staircases or coming down, and i get tired therefore breathing more air(in this case smoke) to the point where i now feel some withdrawals are starting to happen..

I also suffer from chronic anxiety and sometimes i keep getting tricked because of the anxiety, to the point were i break down the stages of sleep to figure out when i'm able to sleep and when it shows that i'm not therefore kind of making it worse..

The withdrawal symptoms cause my brain to rev up so much, that even tho im dead tired i don't feel as sleepy in the head.. It's like when i'm healthy i just can't keep on thinking and just let the thoughts guide me into sleep.. But when this happens and my brain revs up, the moment i start to drift off , i instantly come back to the 1 step of sleep and this goes for hours each night.. What do i do? :/