Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disgusted.

Disgusted.

I have a severe anxiety probems. I was taking klonopin for around 3 years off and on and it really seems to help. I can get up and not be scared. I am so tired of struggling.
    My doctor of 3 years just retired and I got a new doctor. He is cutting me off my Clonopin saying I need to taper off. I don't know what to do. What do you think? It seemed to help me so much..I am so sick of living like this.

One finger or two?
    Try and see this as a positive thing. Do you really want to be reliant on drugs forever or do you want the power and control yourself to deal with your anxiety.

All the tools you neee are within you, you just need the right information and tools.
    It's what your right hands for..

Maybe you should consider changing physicians. I was able to explain my position to me doctor when he tried the same thing. One of the effects of my anxiety is severe stomach problems, without my stomach meds I would be in agony. He said a simple change in diet would solve everything. I told him he didn't understand and I was able to have him continue the prescription. If he hadn't, I would've possibly changed doctors if I had to.

It seems to me there are a lot of people who take benzodiazepines, because they need them. But, you want to take them as infrequently as you possibly can. Have you tried an antidepressant yet? They help a lot with anxiety.

And yes, I do agree, try another doctor. At least one who will listen to you and work with you.

I have taken many antidepressents since i was 14. I am 24. I have been a guinuea pig

So far they have been the only things to help me. to be human. doctors like to think i abuse them. No. im struggling. im battling.

the problem is my physician was great and knew what i needed. This new guy wants me to cut me off completely. Thats Kaiser for you though. They see you as an "addict"

drugs are a band aid yes i know! Very much so. But at this time in my life... I know it helps. What I really want is to be a normal human being without these horrors. When i have my clonopin...Thats who I am. I am OKAY. I just want to be a normal happy or regular person. My demons over ride me. Also, I have been in therapy since I was 5 years old. I am 24 years old. I just want help and normalcy.

You seem like a good and intelligent person I can talk to. Yes, I believe the tools are in me. Somewhere. I have been in therapy since I was 5. I have seen psychiatrist and hypnotists. I will not give up ever. I just hate the person I am and dont understand why I have to live this life.