Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Need advice from people who understand.

Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself as I am new - I didn't post this in the 'welcome' section as have more I need to expand and talk about. My names Sasha, I'm 16 from the UK.

So I haven't actually been diagnosed by a doctor with any mental health issues of course focusing on anxiety but myself and my councellor think I have it plus other mental health issues. The only reason I haven't been diagnosed is because I'm too anxious to go and speak to anyone, I worry they will judge me and think I'm stupid for even suggesting I have mental health issues; also I'd have to go alone as my parents don't understand and are hard to talk too about these sorts of things so I'm worried about going alone.

The reason I think I have anxiety is because i literally worry 24/7 about anything and everything, I worry about stupid things that aren't even worth worrying about, sometimes I'll have this deep feeling of dread and I won't even know what I'm worried about it's horrible! I'm always stressed and have a lot on my mind; I haven't had my period properly for almost a year now due to stress also I'm always feeling faint, getting terrible headaches and blurred vision which I think may be accociated with it.

At night time I have struggle sleeping/staying asleep because I always have so much on mind, I go through scenarios of bad occurrances in my head which make me want to be sick and just worry more. Everytime I'm about to do something or in social situations my heart beats so rapidly that I feel like it's going to pop out my chest for example if I have to ask someone to pass me a textbook or something stupid like that my heart will just start beating so quickly it hurts my chest.

I'm also never happy, I try my best but there's always thoughts bringing me down and making me feel horrible about myself. My friends don't care everytime I try and talk to them they'll change the subject and talk about themselves. It makes me so sad as the only person I have to talk to is my councellor I'm thinking of calling up my doctor for an appointment next week, I'm just scared and need advice, thankyou

Hi Sasha and welcome,

It does sound very much like generalised/social anxiety. At least you have a counsellor and I do think you should give your doctor a call.. Anxiety is a lot more manageable when you get it out in the open because it thrives on isolation. I'm sorry to hear your friends don't listen to you and your parents don't understand. No decent doctor will judge you and think you're stupid.

All the best,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha_ View Post
    Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself as I am new - I didn't post this in the 'welcome' section as have more I need to expand and talk about. My names Sasha, I'm 16 from the UK.

So I haven't actually been diagnosed by a doctor with any mental health issues of course focusing on anxiety but myself and my councellor think I have it plus other mental health issues. The only reason I haven't been diagnosed is because I'm too anxious to go and speak to anyone, I worry they will judge me and think I'm stupid for even suggesting I have mental health issues; also I'd have to go alone as my parents don't understand and are hard to talk too about these sorts of things so I'm worried about going alone.

The reason I think I have anxiety is because i literally worry 24/7 about anything and everything, I worry about stupid things that aren't even worth worrying about, sometimes I'll have this deep feeling of dread and I won't even know what I'm worried about it's horrible! I'm always stressed and have a lot on my mind; I haven't had my period properly for almost a year now due to stress also I'm always feeling faint, getting terrible headaches and blurred vision which I think may be accociated with it.

At night time I have struggle sleeping/staying asleep because I always have so much on mind, I go through scenarios of bad occurrances in my head which make me want to be sick and just worry more. Everytime I'm about to do something or in social situations my heart beats so rapidly that I feel like it's going to pop out my chest for example if I have to ask someone to pass me a textbook or something stupid like that my heart will just start beating so quickly it hurts my chest.

I'm also never happy, I try my best but there's always thoughts bringing me down and making me feel horrible about myself. My friends don't care everytime I try and talk to them they'll change the subject and talk about themselves. It makes me so sad as the only person I have to talk to is my councellor I'm thinking of calling up my doctor for an appointment next week, I'm just scared and need advice, thankyou

Hello Sasha, don't worry about what others will think, I had less than a supportive family and my biggest regret was not getting help sooner...I wasted to much of my life by letting my anxiety control me. Life is to short.

Hi Sasha, I totally agree with gypsylee read what're more likely to suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and it is imperative that you go to a doctor, ask your councellor to accompany you. Greetings from Mexico

Thankyou very much for your kind/helpful words, I know the doctor won't judge me but I've got it in my head they will; I will try my best to make the call, thanks again x