Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Slurred Speech, Difficulty Speaking

Ok so for the past like 8 weeks, so really ever since school started back up I've been experiencing problems with my speech. Like sometimes I slurr my speech or mix up letters and words ect. Other times I can't think of the correct word. And it feels as if my mouth muscles don't work together very well, like my lips don't move as well or my tongue. I have had issues with anxiety in the past and I had gotten over them, but ever since school started I've been stressed out and I've just been pushing the stress away. So it could be causing me more anxiety.

So every time I mess up when I talk, it stresses me out even more, thus cussing more anxiety and then the cycle continues. I noticed it went on progressively getting worse, I couldn't focus in school because I was so worried I had something wrong with my brain. I'm still not 100% sure it's anxiety, I'm just assuming based off the internet.

So my question is, do you think this is caused by anxiety, I feel fatigued very often, and very stressed about school and the future.

The reason of your slurred speech could be your anxiety. Do you feel nervous when you talk to somebody? Are you too conscious about your speech? Don't worry, relax yourself. Do some practice of delivering fluent speech in front of the mirror. You will get better with time.