Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question Is it safe to take other supplements with my anxiety meds?

Hey everyone,

I would like to start by saying that i am new to this. I'm excited to be joining.

I was recently diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder.

Every morning when i wake up i take a paroxetine (1mg)

I also take medication for my high blood pressure called lisinopril (20mg)

And recently i had a horrible panic attack and called 911 and the doctor gave me a few lorazepam pills (1mg) (only when needed)

This is all new to me so i now know that i have to see a psychiatrist for benzos and stuff life that. I have my appointment in October because of how busy they are.

So my
    psychologist recommended for me to take "calm" a magnesium supplement and i started taking that yesterday. She also said to drink sleepytime tea because my anxiety doesn't allow me to sleep most nights.

Not that i don't trust her but is this really okay? Like let's say for example today i took my paroxetine and my high blood pressure pills along with a lorazepam pill (i just had a terrible attack) is it really okay to take the magnesium in the evening and the sleepytime tea at night with all those medications?
    If i woke up in the middle of the night with an attack can i still take my second lorazepam after taking that magnesium and sleeping tea?

I get so anxious about things like this. Please help. It would mean a lot. Thank you. I really need sleep.

Welcome!

Yep, you'll be ok combining your current meds with magnesium and Sleepytime tea.

It's the supplements that alter brain chemistry such as St. John's Wort and 5HTP that you want to avoid.
    Last edited by jessed03; 09-25-2015 at 07:59 AM.