So I've always valued what my parents think about me. I love them to death and we've always been close. But I'm a freshman in college and all I know is that this is not right for me. I came into college only because that's what my parents wanted me to do and it's what everyone else is doing. I've never been a classroom person and I couldn't give two craps about having a degree. There's nothing I want to do that involves having a degree. But right now I just want to come home and work, or possibly work and do part time schooling at a community college close to my house. I want to work because I actually take that seriously. I've had two previous years of work experience by the way. Because at least I get paid for it. You don't get paid for school obviously haha and I don't want to waste time and money doing something that I don't care about. If I do stay I won't have any motivation, I'll give everything 50%, and I'll be counting down each and every minute until I can get out of here. My parents know what I want and I know they're going to support me, they're just a bit disappointed. That really freaking sucks because I really love them and I don't want them to be disappointed in me, but I'm so tired of doing everything just to please others. I know what I want and I know what I'm getting into but it's like they don't take me seriously. Regardless, I'm not staying in college. But any advice on the parent thing? Thanks.