Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Lightbulb Something That Really Helped Me

I'm just doing a quick post in between work. I've encountered some things that have really helped me deal with agoraphobia. Even though I still experience fear, it becomes easier and easier to go out and enjoy myself.

Here's what helped me lately:
    - I try not obsessing about the fact that I need to go out, I just do it and then worry about it later. Sometimes I forcibly have to tell myself "Don't think about it now, just do it. Might go better than you think."
    - Once I am out and have quite a few anxiety symptoms, I make myself aware that I will feel better in a matter of minutes, and I do.
    - I do not try to leave somewhere when I am still anxious. I wait until the anxiety goes down and then leave, and it goes better every single time.

I hope this helps you my friends. I know it's hard to go out with fear, but it does not have to determine who you are.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk.

Thanks for your helpful advice
    I think for me half the struggle is just getting myself to think that way instead of give into my anxiety.

One day at a time, right?
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."

Quote Originally Posted by mrslizzyg View Post
    Thanks for your helpful advice
    I think for me half the struggle is just getting myself to think that way instead of give into my anxiety.

One day at a time, right?
    I truly understand what you are going through. We probably both notice how we think, but changing that thinking and not acting on the bad thinking is so very hard. But I promise you though, the more you practice the easier it becomes. First four times I went out I was in so much agony, not only mentally but physically as well. Fifth time, huuuuuge decrease in anxiety. And then I found it becoming easier and easier.

Yoga also helps by the way. It helped me control the anxiety instead of giving into it. It's also easier to let go of it.

I believe you.. it's kind of like exposure therapy.

I HATE yoga. lol. I mean, for people who can do it, that's freakin awesome. But my head never shuts up and I never could take it seriously. I prefer high intensity workouts that keep my mind busy. to each their own!
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mrslizzyg View Post
    I believe you.. it's kind of like exposure therapy.

I HATE yoga. lol. I mean, for people who can do it, that's freakin awesome. But my head never shuts up and I never could take it seriously. I prefer high intensity workouts that keep my mind busy. to each their own!
    At the end of the day, all exercise helps with anxiety. I must admit I had a lot of trouble with yoga in the beginning, also because my mind never shuts up lol. Now it doesn't shut up while I'm working and I can find some peace in a yoga workout. Still, running on the treadmill was great to