Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Question Terrifyed my friend hates me?

I'm going to high school this year, straight after the summer break, and when we went on a 'trial day' I met this nice girl who I'd never seen before. Me and my best friend started talking to her, and after a while I was petrified that she might like my best friend more than she likes me. At the end of the day she gave me her phone number, and I texted her right away. It took her three days to reply and all she put was "Hi (my name) yeah it's (her name)" and then she put "sorry". A few days later, I tried to find her on social media, but I couldn't find her so I texted her again, saying I couldn't find her username. All she replied with was "what's urs" and when I put my username in i also wrote "Looking forward to seeing you after the summer break". That was THREE WEEKS AGO, why hasn't she replied? I'm really worried that she doesn't like me. Help?

You should not worry about this so much. You will see her some time and you can initiate a conversation and see if a friendship develops. If it does, great. If not, I am sure you will meet other nice people in school and have good friends.

Also, keep in mind that many people in the world have very serious problems -- poverty, cancer, deaths in their family, job loss, etc. So if one person does not text you back -- even if you like that person -- it is not the worst thing in the world. Keep your perspective.

Just be aware that if she doesn't like you, that doesn't mean you are any less of a person. Feeling good about yourself shouldn't depend on whether she likes you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    Just be aware that if she doesn't like you, that doesn't mean you are any less of a person. Feeling good about yourself shouldn't depend on whether she likes you or not.
    I second that. Don't worry about it. You'll meet people in life that like you, and some people that don't. I would focus on people that respond to you instead of wasting energy on those that do not.
    greightful.com