Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: -Success Story-

-Success Story-

Just wanting to share some good vibes of victory over anxiety.

Okay, so I've been in a rut of anxiety/depression for nearly a month or so. I see improvement, but it's been hard. Anyway, in the mist of all these emotions and all this anxiety (bad anxiety), I decided to move back home, I am agoraphobic and it's worse in these "ruts" but today I made myself get up, pack most of my things and travel over there (about 15 minutes away), not only that, but I got there and I cleaned my soon to be bedroom out as well as moving a lot of my stuff in, including a nice sized couch and recliner. All of this while be agoraphobic and in an episode of sensitive anxiety, I did this med-free. There is hope, you can do it. Stay strong.
    Last edited by Christheanxiousone; 07-23-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    -Your best days are ahead of you-

Congrats on doing something difficult because it is so hard to get over that hump of not wanting to do something and making yourself do it. How does it feel when you force yourself to do something you don't want/are afraid to do? I find that when I give into my agoraphobia and just stay inside all the time or call off work it tends to make my anxiety a lot worse than if I would just bite the bullet and go outside or go to work. And usually about 30 minutes into the dreaded task my anxiety starts to decrease because I finally start to focus on something besides fear.

I do feel a sense of accomplishment after and usually once I make it to my destination, I am able to shrug off most of the anxiety in about 30 mins. time.

Congrats on accomplishing something difficult even though you've been going through a tough time with your anxiety and depression. I've been having a hard time recently too mainly with my depression its killing my motivation.

This episode is odd, I go from high anxiety, to depression, to worry mixed in about my future. An unhealthy amount, things a normal 21 year old would not worry about constantly, or anyone for that matter....

Hello,
    You are going through a tough time however try to focus on gratitude. Write down at least 6-8 things you are grateful for and focus on them. Try this everyday. I find it helpful and it keeps me out of my own head, present in the moment, and more grateful.

Zenlover,
    "Either you run the day or the day runs you." Jim Rohn